Product Code: 2398-0958
BMI View: Global vehicle sales growth will remain positive at 2.9% in 2017. Latin America's position as
the fastest growing region underlines our view that recovering emerging markets will outperform developed
states in sales growth terms.
- Global vehicle sales growth of 2.9% in 2017 will be stable compared with 2016, but emerging market recoveries will characterise this growth.
- Latin America will be the strongest region for vehicle sales growth in 2017, led by a recovery from recession in Argentina and Brazil.
- MENA will continue to struggle as the oil-dependent GCC states weigh on sales growth, particularly Saudi Arabia where sales will contract for another year.
Table of Contents
BMI Industry View
- Western Europe Drags On Regional Sales
- SSA Still Below Potential
- Asia A Stable Performer For Growth
- MENA Growth Hides Regional Weakness
- Latin America Takes The Lead
- North America Past Its Peak
Global Industry Overview
- Emerging Markets To Outperform Developed Markets
- Free Trade Uncertainty Stems Investment Decisions
- Increased Electrification
- Autonomy Gathers Momentum
- Table: Autos Key Themes 2017
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators