Product Code: 2398-0966
BMI View:Asia will show steady growth in vehicle sales in 2017, with our forecast of 3.0% showing the
smallest slowdown from 3.1% estimated for 2016. Vietnam and the Philippines will remain the fastest
growing markets, but positive growth for Indonesia and Malaysia will be a big boost for the ASEAN subregion.
- Asia will follow the global autos trend of sales growth in emerging markets outperforming developed states in 2017.
- South Asia will be the best performing sub-region in 2017, driven by Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- The return to growth of key markets such as Indonesia and Malaysia will provide a boost to ASEAN sales as Singapore prepares for sales to contract as part of the COE cycle.
Table of Contents
BMI Industry View
- Table: Asia Historical Data And Forecasts
- South Asia Slowing
- Singapore Cycle Weighs On ASEAN Growth
- China Hinges On Tax Breaks
- Developed State Laggards
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Industry Risk/Reward Index
- Developed States Have Technology Niche
- ASEAN Policy Reaping Rewards
- Sri Lanka A Short-Term Mover?
- Asia Overview
- Table: Asia Autos Production Investments
- EV And SUV Investments Leading The Way In China
- Thailand A Crucial Regional Production Hub For Automakers
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators