Product Code: 2398-0966
BMI View: Asia will be a consistent performer for vehicle sales growth over the five year forecast period,
ranking second in 2016 and third in 2017. Its growth will be better spread across the region and more
consistent than other regions, however, making it potentially more attractive to investors.
- Vehicle sales growth in Asia will be consistent at 4.1% in 2016 and 4.3% in 2017, led by the passenger car segment.
- The Philippines and Vietnam will be the two strongest markets for growth over the five-year forecast period.
- Emerging markets will outperform developed markets such as Japan and South Korea, in line with our view for the global industry in 2017.
Table of Contents
BMI Industry View
- Table: Asia Historical Data And Forecasts
- Latest Developments
- Structural Trends
- Supportive Policy Drive South Asian Boom
- ASEAN A Regional Bright Spot
- SUVs And NEVs Keep China Growing
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Industry Risk/Reward Index
- ASEAN Grouping Reflects Potential
- Mature Stability Still A Draw
- Table: Asia Autos Production Investments
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators