Product Code: 2398-0990
BMI View: Vehicle sales growth of 2.4% ranks Sub-Saharan Africa the second to last regional market in
terms of our growth forecasts for 2017. Both the passenger car and commercial vehicle segments will
return to growth, however, reflecting more balance in the industry than previously.
- Our regional vehicle sales growth forecast of 2.4% in 2017 is slightly down from our previous forecast of 3.1%, reflecting the ongoing weakness in the region.
- The gap between sales growth in the passenger car segment and commercial vehicle segment will narrow, with growth forecasts of 3.4% and 3.0% respectively.
- We identify Botswana, Tanzania and Cote d'Ivoire as bright spots in their respective sub-regions, mostly due to a stronger consumer than in neighbouring markets.
Table of Contents
BMI Industry View
- Table: Sub-Saharan Africa Historical Data And Forecasts
- South Africa Lags SADC
- Cote d'Ivoire To Outperform ECOWAS Peers
- Industry Trend Analysis
Industry Risk/Reward Index
- SSA Risk/Reward Index
- Botswana A Positive Outlier
- Labour Risks At The Fore For Regional Leader
- Zambia Most Likely Mover?
- Sub-Saharan Africa Region
- Table: Sub-Saharan Africa Autos Production Investment
- Projects Show Regional Focus
- Southern Recovery Good For Investment
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators