Product Code: 2397-9615
BMI View: MENA vehicle sales will grow 3.5% in 2017, which is the third-fastest growth globally. The
GCC markets will underperform the wider MENA region, while another contraction in Egypt will weigh on
an otherwise solid year for North African sales.
- Our forecast of 3.5% growth in MENA vehicle sales in 2017 is slightly below our previous projection of 4.2% following the release of actual 2016 data.
- Passenger car sales will continue their marginal outperformance of commercial vehicle sales as government spending on public projects is restricted in the Gulf Cooperation Council markets.
- Morocco will maintain its position in both North Africa and MENA as a whole, thanks to favourable financing conditions and the country's taxi incentive scheme.
Table of Contents
BMI Industry View
- Table: MENA Historical Data And Forecasts (2015-2021)
- VAT Will Impact Saudi Arabia Most
- Brighter Picture For Levant Markets
- Morocco Remains North African Leader
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- MENA Risk/Reward Index
- GCC Turnaround Will Be Gradual
- Morocco The Outperformer
- Iran Brings Big Rewards For Big Risks
- MENA Region
- Table: MENA Autos Production Investment
- Moroccan Supplier Base Gathers Steam
- Tunisia Widens North African Net
- Renault Ups The Ante In Iran
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators