Product Code: 2398-0982
BMI View: Latin America will be the strongest performing region in 2017 growing by 6.2% compared to
the 2.3% growth forecasted for the global market as a whole.
- Reform-driven economic recovery in Brazil and Argentina will provide the strongest support to Latin American sales growth in 2017, particularly in the commercial vehicle segment, which has stagnated over the last three years, and in the Argentinean premium car sub-segment.
- Excluding Venezuela, commodity-reliant economies like Colombia, Chile and Peru will be strong performers due to exchange rate stability while Ecuador will also benefit from the lifting of its vehicle import quota.
Table of Contents
BMI Industry View
- Industry Forecast
- Table: Latin America Historical Data And Forecasts 2015-2021
- Latest Developments
- Structural Trends
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Americas Risk/Reward Index
- NAFTA Questions Surround Leading Markets
- Brazil And Argentina Recoveries A Boost To The Region
- Risks Outweigh Rewards In Central America
- Latin America Overview
- Table: Latin America Autos Production Investment
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators