Product Code: 2398-0982
BMI View: Latin America will see a marked improvement in vehicle sales growth, taking it from being the
second to last region in terms of growth in 2016 to the second-best in 2017. Recoveries in Argentina and
Brazil will be among the biggest drivers of this turnaround.
- Latin America will end its streak as the worst performing region for vehicle sales growth after three consecutive years, but will still be second worst ahead of Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Mexico's heavy commercial vehicle sales spike that was expected in 2017 will be delayed due to regulatory uncertainty.
- Brazil's sales recovery is at risk from labour action impacting production for the domestic market.
Table of Contents
BMI Industry View
- Industry Forecast
- Table: Latin America Historical Data And Forecasts 2014-2020
- Latest Developments
- Structural Trends
- Diversified Economies Faring Better
- Mercosur Sinking With The Brazilian Ship
- Venezuela To Remain At Rock Bottom
- The Argentinean And Chilean Exceptions
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Industry Risk Reward Index
- Colombia Hit By Commodity Reliance
- North American Stability Underlined
- Brazil A Long Term Story
- Latin America
- Table: Latin American Autos Production Investment
- Motorcycle Segment Coming To Life
- SUV Interest Sits Well With Consumer Tastes
- Deeper Supply Chains Remain A Key Goal
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators