Product Code: 2398-0826
BMI View: Oil projects continue to remain the focus of investment in the SSA region, though the pullback
in capital expenditure is impacting all areas. Deepwater developments, LNG projects and refining plans are
being hardest hit.
Latest Updates And Key Forecasts
- Ceasefire between the Niger Delta Avengers and the Nigerian government offer a glimmer of hope for a recovery in Nigeria's oil production.
- Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana and South Africa hold SSA's greatest potential as LNG export destinations.
- Commerciality of the SNE field supports our view for the emergence of Senegal as a frontier bright spot.
- The Afungi LNG project looks likely to progress despite a lack of binding Sales and Purchasing Agreements.
Table of Contents
BMI Industry View
Regional Forecast Analysis
- Africa - Bullish Gas, Bearish Oil
- Table: Africa Oil & Gas Production, Consumption, Refining Capacity And Trade
Industry Risk Reward Index
- Africa - Oil & Gas Risk/Reward Index
- Table: BMI Africa Oil & Gas Risk/Reward Index
- Above-Ground Risks Dulling Below-Ground Potential
- Table: BMI Africa Upstream Risk/Reward Index
- Downstream Sector Holds Limited Opportunity
- Table: BMI Africa Downstream Risk/Reward Index
- Sub Saharan Africa - Power Demand Growth Supports Niche LNG Offtake
- Table: Select SAA Countries - Forecast Annual Average Growth Rates, % (2016-2025)
- Nigeria - Militant Group Propagation Ensures Underperformance
- Senegal - Bright Spot Status Confirmed
- Mozambique - Afungi A Bellwether For Project Financing
- Global - Brent: Conventional Declines To Drive 2017 Recovery
- Table: BMI And Bloomberg Consensus* WTI & Brent Annual Average Forecasts, USD/bbl
- Asia - JKM Prices Set To Tumble 4
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Bmi's Oil & Gas Upstream Risk/Reward Index
- Table: Weighting