Product Code: 2398-080X
BMI View: Investment in Latin America is increasingly moving away from downstream projects and into
upstream developments as capital expenditure remains squeezed. Gas consumption will be positive, served
by improving pipeline connections and LNG import growth.
Latest Updates And Key Forecasts
- More reformist countries, including Mexico and Argentina, will see the most positive impact over the coming years, while Venezuela will continue to struggle with high levels of debt.
- Gas power consumption will grow across Latin America, facilitated by expanding pipeline connections and LNG imports.
- Debt-laden national oil companies will keep capital spending low, with investment in downstream projects among the deepest cut.
- The upstream will fare better as the focus of spending will be here. Offshore projects are gaining momentum in Brazil, Mexico and Guyana as oil prices improve.
Table of Contents
BMI Industry View
- BMI View - Latin America Oil & Gas
- Table: Latin America - Key Oil & Gas Sector Data
Regional Forecast Analysis
- Latin America Overview
- Table: Latin America Oil And Gas Production, Consumption, Refining Capacity And Trade
Industry Risk Reward Index
- Latin America - Oil & Gas Risk/Reward Index
- Table: Latin America - Composite Risk/Reward Index
- Composite RRI: Weaker Prices Extend Traditional Rankings
- Upstream RRI: Sector Nearing Significant Change
- Table: Latin America - Upstream Risk/Reward Index
- Downstream: NOC Dominance Will Extend Capacity Deficit
- Table: Latin America Downstream Risk/Reward Index
- Latin America (Region) - More Pipelines, LNG Supply Will Support Gas Power Growth
- Latin America (Region) - Downstream Capacity Nearing A Peak
- Table: Delayed/Cancelled Refineries In Latin America
- Targeting South Atlantic For Big Barrels
- Petrobras: Q3 Slippage No Threat To Long-Term Improvement
- Mexico - Deepwater Success Solidifies Reform Momentum
- Table: Round 1.4 - Deepwater Tender Results
- Oil Price Outlook
- Table: BMI & Bloomberg Consensus* WTI & Brent Annual Average Forecasts, USD/bbl
- Global - JKM: Short-Term Strength Masking Long-Term Weakness
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Bmi's Oil & Gas Upstream Risk/Reward Index
- Table: Weighting