Product Code: 2398-0729
BMI View:Valued at more than USD3.6trn, Asia's project pipeline is the world's largest, the result of
government-led infrastructure development initiatives in many of its fast-growing emerging economies.
Opportunities in the region encompass all sectors and segments, but the largest markets have prioritised
transport and power infrastructure projects.
- Asia's construction industry is forecast to grow 5.5% in real terms in 2017 and at an annual average of 4.9% between 2017 and 2021.
- China, India and South East Asia dominate the project pipeline in Asia, being home to 77% of the total project value in the region. Many emerging markets in Asia have sizable infrastructure spending plans.
- Emerging markets in Asia are also attempting to expand the use of public-private partnerships (PPPs) for infrastructure projects, in an effort to leverage private sector funds and expertise. In Asia, 17% of ongoing and upcoming projects in our Key Projects Database are PPPs.
Table of Contents
BMI Industry View
- BMI View
- Table: Asia - Construction Industry Data
- Table: Regional Risk/Reward Index
Regional Forecast Analysis
- Regional Overview
- Table: Asia - Project Risk Index Scores
Industry Risk Reward Index
- Asia Infrastructure: Gradual Improvements As Markets Mature
- Asia (Region) - Asia Construction: Mid-Year Forecast Review
- Table: Select Asia-Pacific Markets - Construction Industry Value Real Growth, % y-o-y
- Asia - Industrial Parks: Success Dependent On Trade and Infrastructure
- Table: Vietnam-China Trade - Top Exports and Imports, 2016
- Infrastructure Forecast Methodology
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Infrastructure Risk/Reward Index