This market research report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the Global Coding and Marking Market for the period 2013-2021. This market research report includes a detailed market segmentation of the Global Coding and Marking Market by technology (Continuous Ink Jet Printer, Laser, Piezo Ink Jet Printer, Print and Apply Labelling Products, Thermal Ink Jet Printer, Thermal Transfer Overprinting Printer, Valve Jet Printer. This market research report also gives a detailed view of the market across the geographic regions, namely, North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and MEA. The market research report also profiles the key vendors operating in the Global Coding and Marking Market and also provides the detailed competitive landscape of key players.
Coding and Marking - Market Size and Forecast
Coding or marking is essential for the establishment of the authenticity of the product. It is required to inform the supply chain about the information and current destination about a product. It sets a unique identity to the product and enhances its traceability. Market research analysts at Beige Market Intelligence, expect the Global Coding and Marking Market to reach approximately US$7 billion by 2021.
Coding and Marking - Technology and Geographic Segments
The Global Coding and Marking market has been segmented on the basis of technology and geographical region. The Thermal Transfer Overprinting segment is expected to grow at a high CAGR of around 8% between 2016 and 2021. The Continuous Ink Jet Printer segment is expected to account for the largest market share of around 31 percent in 2021. North America accounted for the largest market share of ~30% of the market in 2015; it is expected to grow at a high CAGR of 6.27% between 2016 and 2021. However, APAC market is expected to account for a share of ~31% of the market in 2021.
Coding and Marking - Drivers and Trends
This market research report provides market overview of the factors driving and restraining the growth of the market. The report also outlines the key trends emerging in the market that will contribute to the growth of the Global Coding and Marking market during the forecast period. The factors driving the growth of the market include rapid globalization which in turn has led to an increase in the import and export of coding and marking equipment across the world. Globalization has led to transfer of advanced reliable coding technology from technologically developed countries to other nations, which, in turn, has ensured error-free and authentic product coding and marking. Moreover, rising demand from Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic, and, Food and Beverage industry is also expected to fuel the growth of the market. Some of the major challenges confronting the Global Coding and Marking market include volatility of the application industry. Majority of the application industry such as pharmaceutical, Medical, and, Food and Beverage Industry have regular upgradation of standards. The safety norms for these industry are set high. Thus, the coding and marking equipment needs to be enhanced in accordance with these standards. The report also provides the Porter's five forces analysis along with a description of each of the forces and its impact on the market.
Coding and Marking - Key Vendors
This market research report profiles the major companies in the Global Coding and Marking Market and also provides the competitive landscape of key players. Within the report covers the entire market outlook regarding the value chain operating within the market. The major players in the market include Dover, Danaher, Domino Printing Sciences, ITW, Matthews International. Other prominent vendors in the market include Control Print, ID Technology, Iconotech, Macsa, Hitachi Industrial Equipment Systems, Weber Marking Systems, Xaar.
The Key Objectives of the Study Are As Follows
- 1. To provide a detailed analysis of where coding and marking is being used today
- 2. To provide a break-down of the various segments which using coding and marking and also their contribution to the overall market
- 3. To list the key regions and their respective countries that have employed this product
- 4. To provide the competitive landscape of the key players operating in this market and how the market will evolve over the forecast period
- 5. To provide strategic insights into what is happening in the market and what could as well as should happen in the market during the forecast period
- 6. To provide key insights into the various factors that are aiding as well as adversely affecting the market and how this scenario will change during the forecast period
The Scope of the Study Is As Follows
- 1. The study will provide the unit shipments that have been sold in 2015 as well as the revenue generated by the sales of these units in the same year
- 2. The study will also provide the historical data points for the above mentioned points
- 3. The study will provide the regional segmentation for the units sold and revenue generated by the following regions
- a. APAC
- b. Americas
- c. EMEA
- 4. The study will further provide a break-up for the top 3 countries within each of these regions for the units sold as well as the revenue generated by the sale of these devices
- 5. The forecast data for the units expected to be sold and the revenue to be generated will also be provided
- 6. The study will not look at revenue generated from the servicing of the devices used for coding and marking
- 7. The study will not look at resale devices or refurbished devices
- 8. Timeline of the report is as follow
- a. Historical Period : 2013-2014 (Actual figures)
- b. Base Year : 2015 (Actual figures)
- c. Forecast Period: 2016-2020 (Forecasted figures)
Why Should You Buy This Study?
The study will tell the reader how the market has been performing over the last few years and how it is expected to perform over the next five years. Detailed analysis of the performance of the market is provided thereby providing the reader with key insights into what is taking place and how the market is being affected, both positively and adversely. Individuals who are interested in knowing which are the key companies involved in the market as well as which are some of the key products which these companies sell should purchase this report. Organizations interested in entering or expanding their presence in the said market will understand which are the key application areas that are seeing high growth and the reasons for the same.
In short, the study will provide a holistic view of how products are coded and marked, which are the companies that do this, what are the factors that contribute to this market and also what are some of the trends that have started to surface and are expected to be a strong driving force in the market over the next five years.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Research Methodology
Section 2: Executive Summary
Section 3: Report Coverage
- 3.1. Definitions of products of worldwide coding and marking market till 2021
- 3.1.1. CIJ printer
- 3.1.2. Laser printer
- 3.1.3. TTO printer
- 3.1.4. TIJ printer
- 3.1.5. Piezo Ink Jet printer
- 3.1.6. VIJ printer
- 3.1.7. PALM printer
- 3.2. Market size derivation of worldwide coding and marking market 2015
Section 4: Market Landscape
- 4.1. Overview of worldwide coding and marking market till 2021
- 4.2. Introduction to coding and marking, and its benefits
- 4.2.1. Prevention of product counterfeit and diversion
- 4.2.2. Higher profits due to increasing equipment operability and error reduction
- 4.2.3. Increasing competitive advantage
- 4.3. Technology and equipment
- 4.4. Case scenario of usage vs non usage of coding and marking technology in automotive industry
Section 5: Key Market Trends
- 5.1. Key market growth trends
- 5.2. Sensitivity analysis of key market trends
Section 6: Key Market Growth Drivers
- 6.1. Key market growth drivers
- 6.2. Impact of growth drivers across geography 2015-2021
Section 7: Key Market Restraints
- 7.1. Key market restraints
- 7.2. Impact of restraints on worldwide coding and marking market 2015-2021
Section 8: Value Chain Analysis
- 8.1. Importance of coding and marking in supply chain of any organization
- 8.2. Stakeholders as driving forces
- 8.3. Value chain of the worldwide coding and marking market 2015-2021
- 8.3.1. Raw materials
- 8.3.2. Manufacturers
- 8.3.3. Distributor/Dealer
- 8.3.4. Retailers
- 8.3.5. End user
- 8.4. Five forces analysis of the worldwide coding and marking market 2015-2021
Section 9: Worldwide Market Segmentation by Geography
- 9.1. Worldwide coding and marking market by geographic segmentation 2013
- 9.2. Worldwide coding and marking market by geographic segmentation 2016
- 9.3. Market size and forecasting of all geographies
- 9.4. Growth rate comparison of key geographies
Section 10: North America Coding and Marking Market
- 10.1. Market size and forecast 2013-2021
- 10.2. Analysis of key countries
Section 11: APAC Coding and Marking Market
- 11.1. Market size and forecast 2013-2021
- 11.2. Analysis of key countries
Section 12: Europe Coding and Marking Market
- 12.1. Market size and forecast 2013-2021
- 12.2. Analysis of key countries
Section 13: Latin America Coding and Marking Market
- 13.1. Market size and forecast 2013-2021
- 13.2. Analysis of key countries
Section 14: MEA Coding and Marking Market
- 14.1. Market size and forecast 2013-2021
- 14.2. Analysis of key countries
Section 15: Worldwide Market Segmentation by Technology
- 15.1. Worldwide coding and marking market segmentation by technology
- 15.1.1. Market size and forecast 2013-2021
- 15.1.2. Comparison of CAGR for market segmentation by technology
- 15.2. CIJ technology
- 15.2.1. Market size and forecast 2013-2021
- 15.3. Laser technology
- 15.3.1. Market size and forecast 2013-2021
- 15.4. VIJ technology
- 15.4.1. Market size and forecast 2013-2021
- 15.5. Piezo technology
- 15.5.1. Market size and forecast 2013-2021
- 15.6. TTO technology
- 15.6.1. Market size and forecast 2013-2021
- 15.7. TIJ technology
- 15.7.1. Market size and forecast 2013-2021
- 15.8. PALM technology
- 15.8.1. Market size and forecast 2013-2021
Section 16: Competitive Landscape
- 16.1. Competitive scenario
- 16.2. Market share analysis of leading vendors 2015
- 16.2.1. Dover Corp.
- 16.2.2. Danaher Corp.
- 16.2.3. Domino Printing Sciences PLC
- 16.2.4. ITW Inc.
- 16.2.5. Matthews International Corp.
- 16.3. Key news of leading vendors
- 16.4. Other prominent vendors
- 16.4.1. Control Print Ltd.
- 16.4.2. ID Technology LLC
- 16.4.3. Iconotech
- 16.4.4. Macsa ID SA
- 16.4.5. Hitachi Industrial Equipment Systems Co. Ltd.
- 16.4.6. Weber Marking Systems GmbH
- 16.4.7. Xaar PLC
- 16.5. Venn representation of competitive landscape
Section 17: Company Profiles
- 17.1. Dover corp.
- 17.1.1. Business overview
- 17.1.2. Key products by Dover Corp.
- 17.1.3. Key strengths of Dover Corp.
- 17.1.4. Key strategies of Dover Corp.
- 17.1.5. Key opportunities of Dover Corp.
- 17.2. Danaher Corp.
- 17.2.1. Business overview
- 17.2.2. Key products by Danaher Corp.
- 17.2.3. Key strengths of Danaher Corp.
- 17.2.4. Key strategies of Danaher Corp.
- 17.2.5. Key opportunities of Danaher Corp.
- 17.3. Domino Printing Sciences PLC
- 17.3.1. Business overview
- 17.3.2. Key products by Domino Printing Sciences PLC
- 17.3.3. Key strengths of Domino Printing Sciences PLC
- 17.3.4. Key strategies of Domino Printing Sciences PLC
- 17.3.5. Key opportunities of Domino Printing Sciences PLC
- 17.4. ITW Inc.
- 17.4.1. Business overview
- 17.4.2. Key products by ITW Inc. (Diagraph)
- 17.4.3. Key strengths of ITW Inc.
- 17.4.4. Key strategies of ITW Inc.
- 17.4.5. Key opportunities of ITW Inc.
- 17.5. Matthews International Corp.
- 17.5.1. Business overview
- 17.5.2. Key products by Matthews International Corp. (Matthews Marking Systems)
- 17.5.3. Key strengths of Matthews International Corp.
- 17.5.4. Key strategies of Matthews International Corp.
- 17.5.5. Key opportunities of Matthews International Corp.
Section 18: Summary of Key Findings
- 18.1. Realising the need for coding and marking solutions
- 18.2. High scope industries
- 18.3. High scope geographic regions
- 18.4. Attractive technological segments
Section 19: Appendix
- 19.1. List of sources
- 19.2. List of abbreviations
Section 20: Summary of the Report