The fertilizer market in United States experienced a dip in 2011 and by 2016 the industry is predicted to rise by nearly 30%. Nitrogen (N) is the largest segment of the fertilizer market in the United States, accounting for 60% of the market's total value.
The United States is the largest importer of fertilizer in the world, with more than half of the nitrogen and over 85% of its potash coming from international sources. Fertilizer manufacturing establishments are located in the Southeast and West regions of the United States, representing a combined total of 45% of all recorded establishments in 2011. The Mid-Atlantic and Southwest regions followed closely, accounting for a respective 13% and 12% of establishment numbers. Most farming operations that use fertilizers are located in similar regions. For example, the Cotton Farming industry has 46% of its farms located in the Southeast
Top players in the market remain Bunge Limited, Monsanto Company and The Mosaic Company.
Aruvians Rsearch analyzes the fertilizer industry in United States in its research report Analyzing the Fertilizer Industry in United States. The report is a complete coverage of this industry as we analyze the market through an industry overview, an analysis of the industry value and volume, a look at the industry segmentation by products and by geography, among other factors.
We also include an in-depth analysis of the competition in the US fertilizer market, which is followed by the analysis of the major industry players such as Bunge, Monsanto, and Mosaic.
A future perspective of the fertilizer industry in United States is included in the report, with forecast ranging from 2011 till 2016.
Aruvians' research report on the Fertilizer Industry in United States is a comprehensive analytical presentation on the subject.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A. Executive Summary
B. Industry Definition
C. Fertilizer Industry in the US
- C.1 Industry Overview
- C.2 Industry Value
- C.3 Industry Volume
- C.4 Industry Segmentation
- C.5 Geographical Segmentation
D. Competition in the Industry
E. Analysis of Major Players
- E.1 Bunge Limited
- E.1.1 Corporate Profile
- E.1.2 Business Segment Analysis
- E.1.3 Financial Analysis
- E.1.4 SWOT Analysis
- E.2 Monsanto Company
- E.2.1 Corporate Profile
- E.2.2 Business Segment Analysis
- E.2.3 Financial Analysis
- E.2.4 SWOT Analysis
- E.3 Mosaic Company
F. Fertilizer Industry in US: Future Perspective
G. Glossary of Terms
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Value of the US Fertilizer Industry (USD Billion), 2007-2011
- Figure 2: Volume of the US Fertilizer Industry (Million Tons), 2007-2011
- Figure 3: Industry Segmentation by Products in US (%), 2011
- Figure 4: US' Share in the Global Fertilizer Industry (%), 2011
- Figure 5: Forecast Value of the US Fertilizer Industry (USD Billion) 2011-2016
- Figure 6: Forecast Volume of the US Fertilizer Industry (Million Tons) 2011-2016
List of Tables
- Table 1: Value of the US Fertilizer Industry (USD Billion), 2007-2011
- Table 2: Volume of the US Fertilizer Industry (Million Tons), 2007-2011
- Table 3: Industry Segmentation by Products in US (%), 2011
- Table 4: US' Share in the Global Fertilizer Industry (%), 2011
- Table 5: Forecast Value of the US Fertilizer Industry (USD Billion) 2011-2016
- Table 6: Forecast Volume of the US Fertilizer Industry (Million Tons) 2011-2016