The fixed dose combination (FDC) of netupitant and palonosetron is a product proposed for the treatment of the most common side effects of chemotherapy-nausea and vomiting. The product is currently in its third stage of trial. Netupitant is a novel and a NK1 receptor antagonist, and palonosetron is a second-generation 5-HT3 receptor antagonist. While netupitant was not available in the drug market earlier, palonosetron drugs were already present under trade names Paloxi, Onicit, and Aloxi. The combination drug is expected to overcome major problems associated with the current mode of treatment of the CINV condition, which involves the use of 5-HT3 receptor antagonists.
The netupitant-palonosetron FDC market is driven by rise in number of patients who undergo chemotherapy. The market is segmented on the basis of patient pool and geography. Currently, pharmaceutical companies are increasingly investing in the further discovery of FDC drugs to achieve increased industry leading breadth and depth of clinical research.
However, factors such as adverse effect of netupitant-palonosetron FDC and high cost of drugs for patients act as restraints for the growth and development of the market. The new approaches and advancement in netupitant-palonosetron FDC market is the development in efficacy and potential of new FDC drugs. The foundation of combination therapy is projected to build up in broad spectrum. Netupitant-palonosetron, by trade name of Akynzeo, is approved and witnesses an increasing traction in the U.S. and European region.
The classes of drugs used in the treatment of CINV are 5-HT3 receptor antagonists, NK1 receptor antagonists, corticosteroids, dopamine antagonists, benzodiazepines, and cannabinoids. However, Akynzeo is mostly used in the treatment, and is helpful in the prevention of nausea and vomiting due to long-lasting action, with no major adverse effects.
Geographically, the global netupitant-palonosetron FDC market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. In terms of growth rate, Asia-Pacific is expected to remain dominant over the forecast period, followed by Europe. North America, on the other hand, is expected to increase at a steady pace due to its steady growth in number of cancer patients opting for chemotherapy.
Major players profiled in the report includes Helsinn Holding S.A., Heron Therapeutics, Inc., Eisai Pharmaceutical Pvt. Ltd., and Tesaro, Inc.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics in the global netupitant-palonosetron FDC market.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations from 2014 to 2022, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- This study evaluates competitive landscape and value chain to understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
By Patient Pool
- North America
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION
- 1.1. Report description
- 1.2. Research methodology
- 1.2.1. Secondary research
- 1.2.2. Primary research
- 1.2.3. Analyst tools and models
CHAPTER 2: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
CHAPTER 3: MARKET OVERVIEW
- 3.1. Market definition and scope
- 3.2. Key Findings
- 3.2.1. Top impacting factor
- 3.2.2. Top winning strategies
- 3.2.3. Top investment pockets
- 3.3. Value chain analysis
- 3.4. Porters five forces analysis
- 3.4.1. Moderate bargaining power of suppliers due to large number of suppliers and low switching cost
- 3.4.2. Moderate bargaining power of buyer due to high demand, availability of substitutes, and limited players that provide quality product
- 3.4.3. Availability of substitutes and high cost increases threat of substitutes
- 3.4.4. Moderate threat of new entrants due to presence of dominant players and Moderate government policies
- 3.4.5. Presence of moderate number of players, low brand loyalty, low switching cost increases the competition among rivalries
- 3.5. Drivers
- 3.5.1. Growing number of patients undergoing chemotherapy
- 3.5.2. Netupitant-Palonosetron has unique Combination in order to control Nausea and vomiting
- 3.5.3. Introduction of novel delivery methods of FDC to improve patient compliance.
- 3.5.4. Replacement of monotherapy by Combination therapy.
- 3.5.5. Driver Impact Analysis
- 3.6. Restraints
- 3.6.1. Adverse effect of Netupitant - Palonosetron FDC
- 3.6.2. Expensive cost associated with Netupitant - Palonosetron FDC
- 3.7. Opportunities
- 3.7.1. Efficacy of Palonosetron is high then other serotonin inhibitors.
- 3.7.2. Improvements in the control of CINV by FDC drugs.
CHAPTER 4: WORLD NETUPITANT-PALONOSETRON FDC MARKET, BY PATIENT POOL TYPE
- 4.1. Introduction
- 4.1.1. Market size and forecast
- 4.2. Europe
- 4.2.1. Market size and forecast
- 4.3. North America
- 4.3.1. Market size and forecast
- 4.4. LAMEA
- 4.4.1. Market size and forecast
CHAPTER 5: WORLD NETUPITANT-PALONOSETRON FDC MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
- 5.1. Introduction
- 5.2. North America
- 5.2.1. Key market trends
- 5.2.2. KEY GROWTH FACTORS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- 5.2.3. MARKET SIZE AND FORECAST
- 5.3. Europe
- 5.3.1. Key market trends
- 5.3.2. KEY GROWTH FACTORS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- 5.3.3. Market size and forecast
- 5.4. Asia-pacific
- 5.4.1. Key market trends
- 5.4.2. KEY GROWTH FACTORS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- 5.4.3. Market size and forecast
- 5.5. LAMEA
- 5.5.1. Key market trends
- 5.5.2. KEY GROWTH FACTORS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- 5.5.3. Market size and forecast
List of Tables
- TABLE 1: WORLD NETUPITANT - PALONOSETRON FDC MARKET, BY PATIENT POOL TYPE,IN ASIA-PACIFIC 2015-2022 ($MILLION)
- TABLE 2: WORLD NETUPITANT - PALONOSETRON FDC MARKET, BY PATIENT POOL IN EUROPE, 2015-2022 ($MILLION)
- TABLE 3: WORLD NETUPITANT - PALONOSETRON FDC MARKET, BY PATIENT POOL IN NORTH AMERICA, 2015-2022 ($MILLION)
- TABLE 4: WORLD NETUPITANT - PALONOSETRON FDC MARKET, BY PATIENT POOL IN LAMEA, 2015-2022 ($MILLION)
- TABLE 5: WORLD NETUPITANT - PALONOSETRON FDC MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY (NORTH AMERICA), 2015-2022 ($MILLION)
- TABLE 6: WORLD NETUPITANT - PALONOSETRON FDC BY GEOGRAPHY, (EUROPE) 2015-2022 ($MILLION)
- TABLE 7: WORLD NETUPITANT-PALONOSETRON FDC MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY, (ASIA-PACIFIC)2015-2022 ($MILLION)
- TABLE 8: WORLD NETUPITANT-PALONOSETRON FDC MARKR, BY GEOGRAPHY, (LAMEA)2015-2022 ($MILLION)
List of Figures
- FIG. 1: TOP IMPACTING FACTORS
- FIG. 2: PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS OF NETUPITANT - PALONOSETRON FDC MARKET
- FIG. 3: WORLDWIDE NUMBER OF CANCER PATIENTS , 2012-2035
- FIG. 4: GROWTH IN DEVELOPMENT OF TTDS 2010-2015
- FIG. 5: WORLD NETUPITANT - PALONOSETRON FDC MARKET REVENUE, BY PATIENT POOL TYPE (%), 2015
- FIG. 6: WORLD NETUPITANT - PALONOSETRON FDC MARKET REVENUE, BY GEOGRAPHY (%), 2015