Product Code: bth9
The 2nd edition of the ' Wetroom Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis ' comprises a detailed study of this dynamic market. It analyses the current trends by product sector and includes estimates on installations of wetrooms in terms of volume and value, comment on market prospects and implications for manufacturers and the industry as a whole.
Key aspects covered in the report include:
- Analysis of market performance for 2017 and forecasts to 2021.
- Key demand drivers and market influences.
- Wetroom flooring - floor formers, level access trays.
- Waterproof tanking kits - membrane systems, liquid tanking systems etc.
- Drainage products - drains/gullies, shower drainage pumps etc.
- Glass wetroom panels - free-standing, wall-mounted, frameless etc.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Forecasts to 2021 for the wetroom market - the outlook is for good demand for wetroom products.
- Wetrooms are highly versatile - there are products available which are suitable for most floor types, for installation in any room, they also offer a practical solution where 'easy access' is required.
- Product innovations have resulted in quicker installation times, with minimal chance of leakage; prices have also fallen.
- Many major house builders are installing a wetroom in their upmarket properties to 'add value' and increase the level of 'designer' features. Also housing associations are installing wetrooms to enable inclusive use of the shower room.
- Wetroom growth has been good in other building types e.g. hotels, leisure facilities, care homes and hospitals, key drivers being easy access, space efficiency underpinned by changing demographics.
- Detailed market data and insight on the wetroom market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Some of the companies included:-
Abacus Bathrooms, Able Access UK, Absolute Mobility, ACO Building Drainage, AKW Medicare, Aqata, Aqualux, Autumn UK, B & Q, Bathroom Engineering, Bathstore, Bette GmbH & Co., Better Bathrooms, Care in bathing, Chiltern Invadex UK, CCL Wetrooms, Contour Showers, Coram Showers, Dallmer, Disability Needs, Easibathe, F&P Wholesale, Fetim Group, Flair Showers, Frontline Bathrooms, Geberit UK, Grafton Group, Graham, Harmer Building Drainage, Heat and Plumb, Homebase, Hüppe, Ideal Bathrooms, Ideal Standard UK, Impey Showers, Just Trays, Kaldewei, Kermi UK, Kingkraft, Kohler Mira, Kudos Shower Products, Lakes Bathrooms, Marleton Cross, Marmox UK, Matki, McAlpine, Merlyn Industries UK, N&C Phlexicare, Nationwide Mobility, Neaco, Nicholls & Clarke, Novellini, Online Home Retail, On The Level (Showers), PJH Group, Plumbnation, Porcelanosa UK, Practical Bathing, Premier Care, Pump Technology, Purus UK, Regalcare Showertrays, RIW, Robert Lee Distribution, Roman, Saint-Gobain Group, Saniflo, Schlüter-Systems UK, Showerlux, Simpsons Shower Enclosures, Soak.com, Travis Perkins, Ultra Finishing, Unidrain, VictoriaPlum.com, Victorian Plumbing, Wade International, Wedi, Wetroom Innovations, Wetroom Materials UK, Wetrooms Online, Whale Pumps, Wickes, Wirquin, Wolseley Group
Market Overview & Product Trends
- Overall market size by value, rates of change, key trends and factors of influence, estimates of market size in 2017, forecasts through to 2021.
- Shower market trends - household penetration of showers; mix of new build, new penetration, replacement and additional showers; new build trends and influences; RMI trends and influences.
- Demographic trends - ageing population, proportion of elderly people living alone, life expectancy trends, disability-free life expectancy, multigenerational households etc.
- Other influences - including care in the community, increase in the Disabled Facilities Grant programme provision, 'Lifetime Homes' standard, simplified housing standards including age friendly housing and wheelchair user housing.
- Design and installation - 'open plan' living, minimalism, inclusive design, gradient, drainage, waterproofing, etc.
- Overall product mix - floor formers, trays, tanking kits, drainage products etc by value and share.
- Floor formers and level access trays - key design trends, developments, influences etc.
- Waterproof tanking kits - membrane tanking, liquid tanking; trends, developments etc.
- Drainage products - square, linear, wall-mounted drains, shower drainage pumps etc.
- Glass wetroom panels - free-standing, wall-mounted, frame-less, trends and influences etc.
- Mix by type of installation - refurbishment and new build, residential and commercial.
- Housebuilding - Private starts and completions, installations in new build homes, refurbishment trends, wetroom household penetration etc. Social housing - completions, forecasts, Disabled Facility Grant provision etc.
- Specialised housing, care homes - trends and forecasts, Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund etc.
- Overview of non-domestic sector - health, entertainment and leisure; trends and forecasts. Others include hotels, health & fitness clubs - budget sector, boutique hotels, aparthotels; installations and trends.
Supply & Distribution
- Market shares of leading wetroom product manufacturers.
- Review and analysis of leading suppliers, including company profile, turnover, key product areas etc.
- Summary of 50+ other specialist suppliers.
- Distribution structure - direct sales, merchants/distributors, other chains of supply.
- Analysis of key channels and suppliers including: Direct sales - key specialists who supply direct, services offered; Merchants/distributors - key players, brands supplied etc; other channels - Bathroom specialists, DIY multiples, specialist online retailers.
- Forecast of market development - short & medium term prospects up to 2021.
- Positive and negative factors affecting the market - performance of UK economy, housebuilding, non-domestic construction, consumer confidence & spending, lifestyle and design trends.
The value of the wetrooms market has increased by 10% from 2014-2016 and offer significant growth potential in the UK bathroom market. Demand for wetrooms has increased significantly in recent years and they continue to grow in popularity. As an open-plan alternative to the traditional bathroom, they provide a space-saving and design-led solution that is regarded as a luxurious and accessible feature in the home.
The floor formers and level access trays sector dominates the wetroom market in terms of value, followed by waterproof tanking kits, glass wetroom panels and drainage products. Product developments include pre-moulded wetroom floor formers with a built-in gradient and membrane waterproof tanking systems. These are easier to install and provide greater accuracy, and also ensure there is a minimal chance of error, saving a significant amount of installation time.
Developments in the drainage products sector include wall mounted and linear drains for a seamless finish and digital drainage pumps that operate wirelessly when the shower is turned on. Glass frameless wetroom panels have seen good growth. They add a bespoke solution to a wetroom area, acting as a focal point and give the room a unique character. They are also popular as they can 'zone' the wetroom, creating a wet and dry area.
Moderate growth of 3-5% per annum is currently forecast to 2021, in value terms, representing an increase of 18% when compared to the market size in 2017. Prospects remain positive in the housebuilding sector and will support demand for wetroom products installed in new housing. Demand for prefabricated wetroom PODs is likely to show some growth, given the significant advantages they offer, particularly in terms of quality of finish, speed of construction and a reduction of trades on-site, with wetroom products also likely to receive underlying motivation from growth in the self-build market.
Table of Contents
List of Report Contents
- 1.1 BACKGROUND
- 1.2 SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. SUMMARY & MARKET PROSPECTS
- 2.1 SUMMARY
- 2.2 KEY TRENDS
- 2.3 MARKET PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1 GDP
- 3.2 INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3 UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4 HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5 HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6 STERLING
- 3.7 POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8 CONCLUSIONS
4. UK WETROOM MARKET
- 4.1 DEFINITION
- 4.2 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.2.1 Market Size
- 4.2.2 Market Prospects
- 4.3 MARKET INFLUENCES
- 4.3.1 Shower Market
- 4.3.2 Demographic Influences
- 4.3.3 Housing Standards
- 4.3.4 Underfloor Heating Market
- 4.3.5 Self-build Market
- 4.3.6 New Building Methods
- 4.3.7 Interior Design
- 5.1 OVERALL PRODUCT MIX
- 5.2 INSTALLATION ISSUES
- 5.3 PRODUCT TRENDS
- 5.3.1 Floor Formers and Level Access Trays
- 5.3.2 Waterproof Tanking Kits
- 5.3.3 Drainage Products
- 5.3.4 Glass Wetroom Panels
6. END USE SECTORS
- 6.1 SECTOR OVERVIEW
- 6.2 KEY END USE SECTORS
- 6.2.1 Private Housing
- 6.2.2 Social Housing
- 6.2.3 Specialised Housing
- 6.2.4 Care Homes
- 6.2.5 Hotels and Guest Houses
- 6.2.6 Fitness Clubs and Gyms
- 6.3 NON DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION
- 6.3.1 Overview
- 6.3.2 Health Sector
- 6.3.3 Entertainment and Leisure
- 7.1 MARKET SHARES
- 7.2 KEY SUPPLIERS
- 7.3 OTHER SUPPLIERS
8. DISTRIBUTION AND SUPPLY CHAIN
- 8.1 DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE
- 8.2 DIRECT SALES
- 8.3 BUILDERS AND PLUMBERS' MERCHANTS
- 8.4 DISTRIBUTORS
- 8.5 DIY MULTIPLES
- 8.6 BATHROOM RETAILERS
- 8.7 ONLINE RETAILERS
9. INSTALLATION AND SPECIFICATION
- 9.1 INSTALLATION
- 9.2 SPECIFICATION
- 9.2.1 Refurbishment
- 9.2.2 New Build