INTRODUCTION and OVERVIEW
AMA Research are pleased to announce the publication of the 4th edition of the ‘Shopfitting Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis' , which provides an overall analysis of the market and forecasts for future opportunities within the sector. The report should be of particular interest to construction professionals in the shopfitting and associated product supply chain sectors.
Key areas in the report:
- Market performance - in 2013-14 and with forecasts to 2019.
- End use sector analysis - trends and demand within; banks & building societies, hotels & restaurants, pubs & clubs, health & leisure, retail, garages, museums & art galleries.
- Supply side assessment - detailed analysis of leading shopfitting and refurbishment contractors in each sector, together with revenues and sector experience.
- Major retail development plans - key players, grocery/non-grocery/discounters - summary of investment plans, capital spending values, areas, developers etc.
- Key product sectors - usage and trends within the shopfitting sector; HVAC, glazing, ceilings & partitions, floorcoverings, lighting, merchandising equipment etc.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Review of market performance in 2013-14 with growth prospects and key market drivers to 2019 - projected increase in refit programmes compared with newbuild schemes.
- UK shopfitting market is complex and highly fragmented, with a large number of suppliers undertaking a wide range of activities - relatively high level of consolidation in recent years.
- Key challenges facing UK shopfitters in the face of rapidly evolving retail and leisure trends - pace of convenience/discount store format roll-out programmes, changing consumer habits, shifts in fashion and retailer branding, constrained budgets, shopper expectations of store design and space requirements.
- Impact of e-commerce on the shopfitting sector, with online sales gaining momentum.
- Analysis of key procurement routes commonly used in the shopfitting sector.
- Shift in emphasis away from newbuild projects towards refurbishment and fit-out.
Key areas of coverage in the report include:
SHOPFITTING MARKET REVIEW
- Market definition - size and value 2009-2014 and future prospects to 2019.
- Market structure.
- Factors affecting the market - 2014 Autumn Statement, retail developments, e-commerce, procurement in the shopfitting sector, planning regulations, legislation, environmental considerations.
- Contractors output in the shopfitting sector - construction market overview, output values and forecasts 2009-2019 in the commercial, retail and entertainment sectors.
- Future prospects to 2019 - key market drivers - re-branding, impact of technology, more focus on refurbishment rather than new developments, key growth sectors etc.
KEY END USE SECTORS
- UK retail market - market overview, retail construction, retail sales & consumer spending, key trends in retail shopfitting.
- Major retail development plans - key players, grocer/non-grocery/discounters, summary of investment and expansion plans etc.; Top 15 shopping centres - capital spending values, areas, developers etc.
- Entertainment/Leisure sector - market overview, entertainment and leisure construction output 2009-2019; Top 20 restaurant groups, leading bars & pub groups, hotel sector review, key players, development pipelines, leisure & fitness clubs - sector size, key players, development plans for budget gyms etc.
- Banks and Building Societies - major players, development plans etc.
- Museums and Galleries - recent grant allocations, major projects etc.
- Other sectors - retail motor and showroom industry, airports and airport retail - leading players, development plans, shopfitting issues etc.
SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION
- Structure of the shopfitting industry.
- Leading 25 shopfitting companies - key players, turnovers, key clients etc.
- Key shopfitting companies - profiles, turnovers, clients, sector experience etc.
- Key shopfitting companies in the airports, museums and motor retail industry sectors.
KEY PRODUCT SECTORS
- Specification in the UK shopfitting sector.
- Main procurement routes used in the shopfitting industry - framework agreements etc.
- Product mix estimates - ceilings & partitions, lighting equipment, contract flooring, commercial glazing, heating, ventilation & air conditioning (HVAC), merchandising equipment etc.
- Trends by product sectors, sector sizes, shopfitting market trends etc.
- Other product sectors - merchandising units & equipment, paint, woodstain and wallcoverings, security equipment, CCTV, fire alarms, bathroom/kitchen fittings and furniture, electronic accessories and office furniture.
UK Shoplifting Market - by value 2011-2017(£bn)
Table of Contents
2. SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. CONCLUSIONS
4. SHOPFITTING MARKET REVIEW
- 4.1. MARKET DEFINITION
- 4.2. MARKET SIZE AND VALUE TO 2019
- 4.3. MARKET STRUCTURE
- 4.4. FACTORS AFFECTING THE MARKET
- 4.4.1. Autumn Statement 2014
- 4.4.2. E Commerce
- 4.4.3. Procurement in the Shopfitting Market
- 4.4.4. Planning Regulations & Legislation
- 4.5. CONTRACTORS OUTPUT IN THE SHOPFITTING MARKET
- 4.5.1. Construction Market Overview - Non-Domestic Output to 2019
- 4.5.2. Construction Activity in the Commercial Market
- 4.6. SHOPFITTING MARKET - FUTURE PROSPECTS
5. KEY END USE SECTORS
- 5.1. UK RETAIL MARKET
- 5.1.1. Retail Construction
- 5.1.2. UK Retail Sales/Consumer Spending
- 5.1.3. Key Trends in Retail Shopfitting
- 5.2. ENTERTAINMENT/LEISURE SECTOR
- 5.2.1. Market Overview
- 5.2.2. Entertainment/Leisure Sector Construction
- 5.2.3. Restaurants, Pubs and Clubs
- 5.2.4. Hotels
- 5.2.5. Leisure & Fitness Clubs
- 5.3. BANKS AND BUILDING SOCIETIES
- 5.4. MUSEUMS, AND GALLERIES
- 5.5. RETAIL MOTOR TRADE
- 5.6. AIRPORTS
6. SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION
- 6.1. THE STRUCTURE OF THE INDUSTRY
- 6.2. KEY SHOPFITTING COMPANIES
- 6.2.1. A-E Company Profiles
- 6.2.2. F-I Company Profiles
- 6.2.3. J-O Company Profiles
- 6.2.4. P-Z Company Profiles
- 6.2.5. Other Shopfitting Companies
7. SHOPFITTING MARKET - KEY PRODUCT SECTORS
- 7.1. SPECIFICATION
- 7.1.1. Main Procurement Routes used in Shopfitting
- 7.1.2. Product Procurement
- 7.2. CEILINGS AND PARTITIONS
- 7.2.1. Suspended Ceilings
- 7.2.2. Partitions
- 7.3. LIGHTING EQUIPMENT
- 7.4. CONTRACT FLOORCOVERINGS
- 7.5. COMMERCIAL GLAZING
- 7.6. HEATING, VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING (HVAC)
- 7.7. SHOPFITTING MARKET - OTHER PRODUCTS
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK SHOPFITTING MARKET - BY VALUE 2009 - 2019 (£BN MSP)
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2011-2014 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2019
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2019
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2009-2015 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- TABLE 6: UK SHOPFITTING MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2009-2019 (£BN MSP)
- CHART 7: NUMBER OF MANUFACTURERS OF SHOP AND OTHER OFFICE FURNITURE 2003-2013
- CHART 8: MIX OF SHOPFITTING MARKET BY TURNOVER SIZE-BAND - 2007, 2009 AND 2013
- CHART 9: MANUFACTURERS OF SHOP AND OTHER OFFICE FURNITURE BY NO. OF EMPLOYEES - 2007, 2009 AND 2013
- CHART 10: VALUE OF NON-DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT 2009 - 2019 BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES)
- TABLE 11: CONTRACTORS OUTPUT - COMMERCIAL SECTOR NEW WORK 2009 - 2019 (CURRENT PRICES £BN)
- TABLE 12: RETAIL SECTOR CONSTRUCTION (SHOPS) - CONTRACTORS OUTPUT FOR NEW WORK £BN AT CURRENT PRICES 2009-2019
- TABLE 13: MAJOR RETAIL DEVELOPMENT PLANS/CONSTRUCTION SCHEMES - SUMMARY TABLE OF KEY PLAYERS, CAPITAL VALUES, DEVELOPERS, COMPLETION DATES ETC
- TABLE 14: PERFORMANCE OF THE UK RETAIL MARKET 2009-2019 (RETAIL TURNOVER £BN)
- TABLE 15: ENTERTAINMENT AND LEISURE WORK (PUBLIC & PRIVATE SECTORS) - CONTRACTORS OUTPUT 2009 - 2019 (£BN)
- TABLE 16: TOP UK RESTAURANT AND PUB OPERATORS 2014
- TABLE 17: UK HOTEL SECTOR - NUMBER OF STAR RATED HOTELS 2014
- CHART 18: HEALTH & FITNESS MARKET - NEW CLUB OPENINGS 2008- 2014
- TABLE 19: LEADING UK BUDGET GYM OPERATORS 2014 - NO. OF CLUBS AND DEVELOPMENT PLANS
- CHART 20: NUMBER OF RETAIL BANK BRANCHES 1990 - 2014
- TABLE 21: TOP 15 RETAIL MOTOR GROUPS - UK 2014 (£M)
- CHART 22: UK SHOPFITTING EQUIPMENT - DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE
- TABLE 23: MAJOR SHOPFITTING COMPANIES -25 KEY PLAYERS (BY SALES AND KEY CLIENTS) 2014
- CHART 24: SHOPFITTING MARKET - KEY PRODUCT SHARES BY VALUE 2014
- CHART 25: SHOPFITTING MARKET - ‘OTHER PRODUCTS' CATEGORY - SECTOR SHARES 2014