Product Code: oth2
Introduction and Overview
The 2nd edition of the‘Non-Domestic Catering Equipment Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' represents an up-to-date and perceptive review of the market and its development. The report reviews the demand for catering equipment used in commercial and industrial applications, and identifies key suppliers and influences. The report assesses recent developments within the market and analyses the market and distribution channels with indications of future trends and opportunities.
Key issues covered in the report include:
- Overall performance of the catering equipment market - market size, developments and forecasts 2012-2021.
- Review of key product sectors - cooking equipment, refrigeration, steel fabrication, washware etc - market sizes, shares, trends etc.
- Indications of market mix by end use sector and by key product groupings.
- Distribution - key specialist distributors and suppliers by major product sector.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Key factors influencing the market including the improving economy, increasing levels of consumer confidence and the very strong growth in the eating out sector, particularly the rapid growth in the coffee shop sector and the popularity of 'grab and go' food.
- Product trends including the design and equipment requirements of commercial kitchens and how these vary depending on budget, the type of food being prepared, the location, size of the venue, the volume and speed of service etc.
- The overall catering equipment product mix - washware, cooking, refrigeration and steel fabrication, in addition to a more detailed breakdown of the product mix within washware, cooking and refrigeration.
- The end-user mix for catering equipment including hotels, health & education, staff catering, restaurants, cafes & pubs, along with key trends and influences within these sectors.
Some of the companies included:
AFE Group, Aggora, Airedale Catering Equipment, Ali Group, Alliance Online, Bartlett Mitchell, Baxterstorey, Blizzard Refrigeration, Brakes Group, Bunzl Group, Celltherm, C&C Catering Equipment Ltd, CCE Group Ltd, CED Catering Equipment Design, Counterline Ltd, CS Catering Equipment Ltd, Design Catering Equipment, Direct Catering Products Ltd, E&R Moffat, Electrolux Professional, Elior, Fabs 4, Franke Sissons, Foodservice Equipment Marketing Ltd (FEM), Glen Dimplex Professional Appliances, Global Infusion Group, Gram (UK) Ltd, Gratte Brothers Catering Equipment Ltd, H&K Equipment Ltd, Hobart, Imperial Catering Equipment, Induced Energy, Interserve Catering Solutions, ITW (Hobart & Foster), Lexington Catering, Lincat Ltd, Lockhart Catering Equipment, Meiko UK Ltd, Rational UK, Rical, Roller Grill, Martin Food Equipment, MCS Technical Products, Meiko, Mellors Catering services, Middleby UK Ltd, Nisbets PLC, Parry Catering, Precision Refrigeration Ltd, Promart ManufacturingRical Group, Salix Commercial Kitchens and Equipment, ScoMac Catering Equipment Ltd, ShelfspanSincold, Space Catering Equipment, Standex International Ltd, The Catering Design Group (CDG), True Manufacturing UK Ltd, Vestfrost, Vision Commercial Kitchens, Welbilt, Whitco Catering and Bakery, Williams Refrigeration, Wilman Universal Industries Ltd.
Key areas covered in the Report:
The Catering Equipment Market
- Catering equipment market - analysis by value from 2012-2016, with forecasts to 2021, key characteristics, market development, key trends and major factors influencing the market.
- Key market trends and influences - legislation, construction output, trends in food and eating out etc.
- Review of key markets - hotels, pubs, restaurants etc, - overall sector sizes, key players/leading operators. Health/education - mix between in-house/contract-out, funding etc.
- Structure of distribution - supply chain review, profiles of some of the larger, more prominent specialist catering equipment distributors, designers and installers.
- Analysis of catering equipment market - restaurants, cafes & bars, health & education, hotels. Overall end use sector market shares and key trends.
- Restaurants, cafes & bars - sector development and trends, key players/brands/outlets etc, impact of tourism and household expenditure.
- Healthcare & education sector - market mix, catering expenditure, mix between in-house/contracted-out, and influence of Government policy.
- Hotel sector - sector development and trends, impact of tourism and household expenditure.
- Other users including offices, contract caterers and leisure sectors.
Products and Suppliers
- Review of mix of products by key sectors - cooking equipment, refrigeration, steel fabrication, washware, others.
- Market mix of cooking equipment by type - including ovens, grills, hobs, microwaves, fryers, griddles etc.
- Market mix of refrigerated equipment - refrigerators/freezers - cabinets, counter, under-counter, walk-in etc.
- Review of washware - e.g. conveyor, front load, pass through/hood mix.
- Market shares of leading product suppliers - leading players by product group.
- Company profiles of leading catering equipment providers covering major providers and niche specialists - includes company size, growth trends, areas of specialization, sector strengths and major contracts.
- Market prospects for catering equipment market - macro-economic influences and outlook by end-use application area and product sector 2017-2021.
- Key potential growth areas, impact of market maturity, legislation and other key influences.
Table of Contents
2. SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS
- 2.1. SUMMARY
- 2.2. FUTURE PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. UK CATERING EQUIPMENT MARKET
- 4.1. MARKET DEFINITION
- 4.2. MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS
- 4.3. KEY INFLUENCES ON THE INDUSTRY
- 4.3.1. Legislation
- 4.3.2. Construction Output
- 4.3.3. Entertainment and Leisure
- 4.3.4. Trends in Food and Eating Out
5. PRODUCT MIX
- 5.1. OVERALL PRODUCT MIX
- 5.2. COOKING EQUIPMENT
- 5.3. REFRIGERATION
- 5.4. STEEL FABRICATED UNITS
- 5.5. WASHWARE
- 5.6. OTHERS
6. END USE SECTORS
- 6.1. END-USER MIX
- 6.2. CAFÉS/COFFEE SHOPS, PUBS AND RESTAURANTS
- 6.3. HEALTH & EDUCATION
- 6.4. HOTELS
- 6.5. OTHER USERS
- 7.1. DISTRIBUTION OVERVIEW
- 7.2. SPECIALIST DISTRIBUTORS
- 7.3. DESIGNERS & INSTALLERS
- 8.1. MARKET SHARES
- 8.2. COMPANY PROFILES
- 8.2.1. Catering Equipment Manufacturers
- 8.2.2. Appliance Manufacturers
- 8.2.3. Fabricators
Tables & Charts
- CHART 1: UK NON-DOMESTIC CATERING EQUIPMENT MARKET 2012-2021 BY VALUE (£M MSP)
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2013-2016 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2021
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2021
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2012-2019 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- TABLE 6: UK NON-DOMESTIC CATERING EQUIPMENT MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS: 2012-2021 (£M MSP)
- CHART 7: NON-DOMESTIC CATERING EQUIPMENT MARKET - NEW BUILD AND REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT BY VALUE 2016 (%)
- CHART 8: CATERING ENERGY CONSUMPTION BY PRODUCT SECTOR
- TABLE 9: NON-DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY SECTOR 2012-2021 (£BN) AT CURRENT PRICES
- CHART 10: ENTERTAINMENT AND LEISURE CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT GROWTH FORECASTS (NEW WORK) 2012 - 2021 BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES)
- CHART 11: CATERING EQUIPMENT PRODUCT MIX - WASHWARE, COOKING, REFRIGERATION, STEEL FABRICATION, OTHER (% BY VALUE) 2016
- CHART 12: COOKING EQUIPMENT PRODUCT MIX - OVENS, GRILLS, MICROWAVES, FRYERS, GRIDDLES ETC (% BY VALUE) 2016
- CHART 13: REFRIGERATION EQUIPMENT PRODUCT - REFRIGERATORS, FREEZERS ETC (% BY VALUE) 2016
- CHART 14: WAREWASHERS BY TYPE- FRONT LOAD, PASS THROUGH ETC (% SHARE BY VALUE) 2016
- CHART 15: VOLUME OF MEALS SERVED BY END USE SECTOR - RESTAURANTS, PUBS, STAFF CATERING, LEISURE, HEALTHCARE ETC - 2015
- CHART 16: HOW TOWN CENTRES ARE CHANGING - TYPES OF BUSINESSES 2011-2016
- CHART 17: CATERING EQUIPMENT BY END USER SECTOR 2016
- TABLE 18: TOP UK SPECIALIST COFFEE SHOP OPERATORS 2016
- CHART 19: ESTIMATED UK COFFEE SHOP/CAFÉ MARKET BY CHANNEL (VALUE)
- TABLE 20: TOP UK PUB GROUPS 2016
- CHART 21: TOP UK QUICK SERVICE RESTAURANTS 2016
- TABLE 22: NUMBER OF IN-PATIENT MEALS REQUESTED IN ENGLAND AND AVERAGE COST OF ONE PATIENT MEAL DAY 2011/12 TO 2015/16
- CHART 23: ANNUAL GROSS COST OF IN-PATIENT FOODSERVICE 2011/12 TO 2015/16
- CHART 24: NHS FOOD PRODUCED INTERNALLY OR EXTERNALLY 2012/13 AND 2015/16
- TABLE 25: NUMBER OF INBOUND VISITS TO THE UK: 2009 - 2016 (ESTIMATED), AND CHANGE OVER PREVIOUS YEAR (%)
- CHART 26: UK HOTEL ROOMS BY GRADING 2016
- CHART 27: DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL STRUCTURE FOR COMMERCIAL CATERING EQUIPMENT
- TABLE 28: CATERING EQUIPMENT SUPPLIERS - MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2016