Product Code: Frn20
INTRODUCTION and OVERVIEW
The ‘Domestic Kitchen and Bathroom Worktops Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis’ is now in its 4th edition. This report, which covers kitchen and bathroom worktops, upstands and splashbacks, analyses the overall market within the context of the wider economic environment and provides a review of product sectors, suppliers and distribution. Current trends within the UK domestic kitchen and bathroom furniture markets are also reviewed and likely future developments identified, along with an analysis of key issues affecting the kitchen and bathroom worktops industry.
Key content covered:
- Market overview - market size, key influences, review of overall UK kitchen furniture and bathroom furniture markets, forecasts to 2020.
- Product mix and trends - key design and material trends, share mix by material for bathroom worktops and kitchen worktops - laminates, solid surface and composites, natural and engineered stone, wood and other.
- Supplier review - supply structure, profiles of leading suppliers by material group i.e. laminates, solid surface/composites, natural and engineered stone, and wood.
- Distribution review - distribution structure, key channels with channel shares, routes to market for bathroom and kitchen worktops, profiles of leading companies within each channel.
Recent trends include:
- Forecasts for 2016 through to 2020.
- Will the trend towards professional installation be sustained with consumers looking to forsake DIY projects and pay for expert help?
- Are movements in raw material prices likely to accelerate future value growth in the market?
- Mix of different types of worktops -how has the mix changed and how is it developing?
- Will solid surface, composites, stone and engineered stone resume the growth, stalled by the onset of the recession?
Some of the companies included:
Anglian, B & Q, BathEmpire, Bathstore.com, Better Bathrooms, Buildbase, Bushboard, Canburg, Cosentino, Dean House, DuPont, Egger (UK), Everest, Formica, Home Retail Group, Howden Joinery, IKEA Group, In-toto, J.T. Ellis and Company, Jewson, John Lewis Partnership, Karonia, Kronospan, Levantina, LG Hausys Europe GmbH, Magnet, Mereway Bathrooms, National Kitchens UK, Pfleiderer Industrie, Resopal GmbH, Shades Furniture, Sheridan Fabrications, Sylmar Solid Surfaces, Tesco, The Symphony Group, Travis Perkins, Utopia Furniture, Victoria Plumb, Westag & Getalit AG, Wickes, Wilsonart UK, Wren Kitchens.
Key areas covered in the report include:
THE KITCHEN AND BATHROOM WORKTOPS
- Total Kitchen and Bathroom Worktops markets, overall market sizes.
- Market development, analysis of market size by value 2011-2015.
- Forecasts of market sizes through to 2020.
- Factors influencing market development - growing influence of design/style changes, demographics, house building market recovery, economic situation, consumer confidence, population mix changes, etc.
- Overall kitchen furniture, worktops and sinks market and overall bathroom furniture and worktops market for perspective.
PRODUCTS, MATERIALS & TRENDS
- Trends in design/materials in worktops - key materials covered include laminates, solid surface, natural stone, solid wood, others, such as glass, stainless steel etc.
- Share mix by material for kitchen worktops.
- Share mix by material for bathroom worktops.
- Key trends - colour / pattern trends in worktops, growth of non-laminate materials such as solid surfaces, wood, stone, stainless steel, advantages/disadvantages, new product developments.
- Main features and benefits of the different worktop types.
- Analysis of supply chain structure.
- Profiles of leading worktop suppliers - market position, analysis of activities, financial information and so on.
- Distribution channel shares - analysis of shares by value, trends/developments in shares, growth/declining sectors.
- Route to market assessment for kitchen worktops and for bathroom worktops.
- Key sectors assessed include - Furniture Multiples, DIY Multiples, Builders and Plumbers Merchants, Direct Contract, Retail Specialists, Department Stores, Worktop specialists, Direct sales, Internet retailers.
KEY MARKET INFLUENCES & FUTURE PROSPECTS
- Future prospects - forecasts through to 2020, key factors influencing future market developments, performance of the economy, housing market, consumer confidence, market factors, and future growth prospects.
- Housing market - analysis of developments in new house building and house moving activity, influence of house prices and consumer confidence.
- Population profile - analysis of changing profile and implications for kitchen furniture sales. Personal Disposable Income and Savings - developments in ratios and impact on consumer durable purchasing.
- Economic influence - unstable global political and economic environment and the effect on consumer confidence and market growth.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS
- 2.1. KITCHEN WORKTOPS
- 2.2. BATHROOM WORKTOPS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. KEY FACTORS INFLUENCING WORKTOPS
- 4.1. OVERALL FURNITURE MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS
- 4.2. CONSUMER CHARACTERISTICS
- 4.3. HOUSING TRENDS AND DEMOGRAPHICS
- 4.3.1. New Housebuilding
- 4.3.2. House Moving
- 4.3.3. Household Size
5. UK DOMESTIC KITCHEN & BATHROOM WORKTOPS MARKET
- 5.1. MARKET DEFINITIONS
- 5.2. OVERALL MARKET SIZE - DOMESTIC KITCHEN & BATHROOM WORKTOPS
- 5.3. OVERALL MARKET SIZES - KITCHEN & BATHROOM FURNITURE AND WORKTOPS
- 5.3.1. Kitchen Furniture and Worktops
- 5.3.2. Kitchen Worktops
- 5.3.3. Bathroom Furniture and Worktops
- 5.4. OVERALL MARKET TRENDS
6. WORKTOP PRODUCT MIX
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. KITCHEN AND BATHROOM WORKTOPS
- 6.2.1. Product Types
- 6.2.2. Material Mixes - Kitchens Worktops
- 6.2.3. Material Mixes - Bathroom Worktops
- 6.2.4. Material Trends and Colours
7. WORKTOP SUPPLIERS
- 7.1. SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- 7.2. KEY SUPPLIERS OF WORKTOPS
- 7.2.1. Laminates
- 7.2.2. Solid Surface / Composites
- 7.2.3. Stone
- 7.2.4. Wood
8. DISTRIBUTION SUPPLY CHAIN
- 8.1. KITCHEN WORKTOPS OVERALL SUPPLY CHAIN
- 8.2. LEADING DISTRIBUTORS OF KITCHEN AND BATHROOM WORKTOPS
- 8.3. CHANNELS SELLING TO END USERS AND INSTALLERS
- 8.3.1. Builders and Plumbers Merchants
- 8.3.2. Retail Specialists
- 8.3.3. DIY Multiples
- 8.3.4. Direct Contract Through Housebuilders etc
- 8.3.5. Furniture Multiples
- 8.3.6. Worktop Specialists
- 8.3.7. Others
- 8.4. BATHROOM WORKTOPS SUPPLY CHAIN
- 8.4.1. Bathroom Equipment Specialists
- 8.4.2. Direct Contract
- 8.4.3. Others
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK KITCHEN WORKTOPS MARKET 2011-2020 BY VALUE (£M MSP)
- CHART 2: UK BATHROOM WORKTOPS MARKET 2011-2020 BY VALUE (£M MSP)
- TABLE 3: GDP DATA - 2013-2016 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 4: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2020
- CHART 5: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2020
- TABLE 6: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2012-2017 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- TABLE 7: THE UK MARKET FOR DOMESTIC FURNITURE 2011-2020 (£M MSP)
- CHART 8: UK MARKET MIX OF ALL DOMESTIC FURNITURE - VALUE (%) 2002, 2008 & 2015
- TABLE 9: HOUSE BUILDING COMPLETIONS 2011-2020 - PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTOR, GREAT BRITAIN (000'S DWELLINGS)
- CHART 10: HOUSE BUILDING COMPLETIONS (ENGLAND) 2005-2020 BY TYPE OF DWELLING - PERCENTAGE MIX
- TABLE 11: NUMBER OF PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS IN THE UK 2011-2020 (000'S)
- TABLE 12: AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD SIZE FOR GREAT BRITAIN 1991-2016
- TABLE 13: UK KITCHEN AND BATHROOM WORKTOPS MARKET AND FORECASTS 2011-2020 BY VALUE (MSP £M)
- TABLE 14: UK KITCHEN FURNITURE, WORKTOPS AND SINKS MARKET AND FORECASTS 2011-2020 BY VALUE (MSP £M)
- CHART 15: UK KITCHEN WORKTOPS MARKET 2011-2020 BY VALUE (MSP £M)
- TABLE 16: UK BATHROOM FURNITURE AND WORKTOPS MARKETS 2011-2020 BY VALUE (MSP £M)
- CHART 17: UK BATHROOM WORKTOPS MARKET 2011-2020 BY VALUE (MSP £M)
- CHART 18: UK DOMESTIC KITCHEN WORKTOP MARKET - MATERIAL MIX BY VALUE - 2015 (LAMINATES, STONE, SOLID ETC)
- CHART 19: UK DOMESTIC KITCHEN WORKTOP MARKET - LAMINATE SHARE BY VALUE 2000-2015
- CHART 20: UK DOMESTIC KITCHEN WORKTOP MARKET - MATERIAL MIX BY VALUE AND VOLUME (LAMINATES, STONE, SOLID ETC) 2015
- CHART 21: UK DOMESTIC BATHROOM WORKTOP MARKET - MATERIAL MIX BY VALUE (LAMINATES, STONE, SOLID ETC) - 2015
- CHART 22: UK DOMESTIC BATHROOM WORKTOP MARKET - MATERIAL MIX BY VALUE AND VOLUME (LAMINATES, SOLID SURFACE, STONE ETC) 2015
- CHART 23: DISTRIBUTION ROUTE TO MARKET FOR KITCHEN WORKTOPS BY CHANNEL
- TABLE 24: THE MARKET FOR KITCHEN WORKTOPS BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL - 2007 AND 2015 SHARE BY VALUE (%)
- TABLE 25: THE MARKET FOR BATHROOM WORKTOPS BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL - 2015 SHARE BY VALUE (%)