Product Code: dcr8
The 9th edition of ‘Wood and Laminate Floorcoverings Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis’ provides a detailed review of key sectors of the market Laminates, Solid/Engineered Wood and Accessories. This unique report provides both a quantitative and qualitative analysis of the UK market overall and by major product group. It focuses on market size and future prospects, by value, key trends and drivers, leading suppliers, distribution structures, end use sectors etc.
Key areas covered:
- Brief overview of the total floorcoverings market - including carpet, vinyl, wood, ceramics and other floorcoverings.
- Detailed assessment of the wood flooring market - including solid & engineered woods, laminates and flooring accessories etc. - total UK market size, trends, product mix, factors influencing growth, future prospects.
- Application mix - domestic and contract market trends, growth sectors, future prospects.
- Key suppliers & distribution mix - analysis of key suppliers with a review of market share and changes in the distribution mix.
Key areas of insight include:
- Comparison of market performance between wood and other floorcoverings in 2005 and 2016 - historic trends over last decade.
- Variable market performance in domestic and contract sectors.
- Little change in recent years in the share mix between solid, engineered wood, laminates, with laminates halting its long term decline in market share.
- Imports continue to dominate all sectors, with China still being the major source for imports.
- Trends in total wood flooring market with forecasts by each product sector to 2021.
- Detailed market data and insight on the wood and laminate floorcoverings market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Overview of Floorcoverings Market
- Overview of UK floorcoverings market - market size from 2012-17, with forecasts to 2021 for all products, sales mix for carpets, vinyl, wood, ceramic tiles and others, key factors influencing trends, future prospects and so on.
- Review of changing product mix - growth/declining sectors, shares by product in 2005 and 2016.
- Key influences on the wood/laminate flooring market, factors affecting future performance. Future prospects for the contract and domestic sectors.
- Review of key external factors influencing the market - economic prospects, housing and construction, stock of dwellings, interest rates & inflation and so on.
Review of Wood Floorcoverings Market
- Comprehensive review of wood floorcoverings market - market size 2012-2017, key trends within sectors, product mix, comparison with other floorcoverings, future prospects to 2021.
- Product sectors - solid wood, engineered wood and laminates - sector shares in 2016, recent changes in mix, forecasts by product from 2017-21.
- Key characteristics of market - pricing, availability, product awareness and target consumers, accessories, changing design trends and so on.
- Role of international trade - changes in import sources - trends from 2012-2016.
- Domestic and contract end-use sectors for total wood floorcoverings market - share by value, share by DIY/new housing/professional installations, Key end-use sectors (share by Commercial, Retail, Leisure and so on).
- Outlook for the overall industry, prospects for wood in relation to other floorcoverings, estimates for 2017 and longer-term forecasts up to 2021, with key factors influencing market recovery, the UK economy, housebuilding, non-residential construction and so on, together with the uncertainty surrounding the Brexit negotiations.
Distribution and Suppliers - Supply Chain Insight
- Review of leading suppliers in the wood floorcoverings market, including manufacturers, importers, distributors and wholesalers.
- Analysis of market share of leading suppliers in UK market - company information, market positioning, changes to supply structure, level/source of imports and so on.
- Structure of distribution channels for supply of wood flooring - domestic and contract supply.
- Distribution shares for major channels - DIY Multiples, Floorcovering Multiples, Independents, Online, Builders Merchants, Department/Variety Stores, Catalogue etc. - review of major organisations within each channel, changes in distribution in recent years. Review of leading suppliers in
Future Prospects & Key Influences
- Key influences on the wood/laminate flooring market, factors affecting volume and value performance. Future prospects for the contract and domestic sectors.
- Review of key external factors influencing market - economic prospects, housing and construction, stock of dwellings, interest rates & inflation, etc.
Arnold Laver, AMM Glasgow, Atkinson & Kirby, Balterio, Bauwerk Boen Group, Beach Bros, Beaulieu International Group (BIG), BHK, Birch Distribution, British Hardwoods, Egger UK, Finsa UK, Fired Earth, Flanagan Flooring Distributors, Fludes, Hamberger Flooring, Harlow Bros, Headlam Group, Hoebeek UK, Hφrning, Howarth Timber, IKEA, International Decorative Surfaces (IDS), Jordan Andrews, Junckers, Kährs, Kronospan Ltd, Lathams, Lionvest Trading, Metsa Wood, Natural Wood Floor Co, Pennine Flooring Supplies, Pergo, Plasman, Societe Panaget SAS, STS Flooring, Tapi Carpets, Tarkett Group, Ted Todd, The Natural Floor Company, Thorogood Timber, Timberpride, Timbmet Group, Topps Tiles, Unilin, United Carpets Group, Volunta Parket, Westco, Woodpecker Flooring, and many more.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND MARKET PROSPECTS
- 2.1. SUMMARY
- 2.2. MARKET PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. OVERVIEW OF THE UK FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET
- 4.1. DEFINITIONS
- 4.2. MARKET SIZE & TRENDS
- 4.2.1. Current Situation
- 4.2.2. Market Prospects
- 4.3. FLOORCOVERINGS PRODUCT MIX
- 4.4. END-USE APPLICATIONS
5. THE UK WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET
- 5.1. DEFINITION
- 5.1.1. Solid Wood
- 5.1.2. Engineered Wood
- 5.1.3. Laminates
- 5.1.4. Accessories
- 5.2. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.2.1. Market Trends and Characteristics
- 5.2.2. Current Situation
- 5.3. KEY MARKET INFLUENCES
- 5.3.1. The Housing Market
- 5.3.2. Non-Residential Construction
- 5.3.3. Trends in Design and Home Décor
- 5.4. PRODUCT MIX
- 5.4.1. Laminates
- 5.4.2. Solid and Engineered Woods
- 5.4.3. Accessories
- 5.5. INTERNATIONAL TRADE
- 5.5.1. Import Sources
- 5.5.2. Export Destinations
- 5.6. END-USE MIX
- 5.6.1. Domestic Sector
- 5.6.2. Contract Sector
6. KEY SUPPLIERS
- 6.1. BACKGROUND
- 6.2. MARKET SHARES OF LEADING SUPPLIERS
- 6.2.1. Total Wood Floorcoverings Market
- 6.2.2. Laminate Flooring Market
- 6.2.3. Solid & Engineered Wood Market
- 6.3. DISTRIBUTORS AND WHOLESALERS
- 7.1. DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE
- 7.2. MAJOR DOMESTIC DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS
- 7.2.1. Definition
- 7.2.2. Domestic Distribution Channel Shares
- 7.3. DOMESTIC DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS
- 7.3.1. DIY Stores
- 7.3.2. Builders' Merchants
- 7.3.3. Floorcovering Multiples
- 7.3.4. Floorcovering Independents
- 7.3.5. Internet/Mail Order
- 7.3.6. Department Stores and Variety Stores
- 7.3.7. Others
- 7.4. CONTRACT/COMMERCIAL DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS 2012-2021 - BY VALUE (£M MSP)
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2017 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2021
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2021
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2013-2019 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- CHART 6: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR FLOORCOVERINGS 2012-2021 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 7: UK FLOORCOVERINGS PRODUCT MIX 2016 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 8: UK FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET PRODUCT MIX 2005 AND 2016 - (CARPETS, WOOD, VINYL, TILES & OTHERS) - % BY VALUE
- CHART 9: UK FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET END USE APPLICATION MIX (DOMESTIC VERSUS CONTRACT) 2016-17 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 10: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS 2012-2021 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 11: HOUSING COMPLETIONS BY REGION (ENGLAND, WALES AND SCOTLAND) 2012-2021 BY VOLUME OF DWELLINGS
- CHART 12: HOUSEBUILDING COMPLETIONS IN ENGLAND % MIX BY TYPE OF DWELLING (FLATS VERSUS HOUSES) 2005-2017
- TABLE 13: UK RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS* VALUED AT £40K OR ABOVE 2012-2020
- CHART 14: GROWTH OF THE PRIVATE RENTED SECTOR 2014-2025 - BY NUMBER OF DWELLINGS (MILLIONS)
- CHART 15: NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT NEW WORK AND RMI QUARTERLY ANALYSIS (GB) Q1 2014 TO Q1 2017 - BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES)
- CHART 16: UK MARKET FOR WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS PRODUCT MIX 2017 (SOLID & ENGINEERED WOOD, LAMINATES, ACCESSORIES) - % BY VALUE
- CHART 17: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR LAMINATE FLOORCOVERINGS 2012 TO 2021 - BY VALUE (£M MSP)
- CHART 18: UK MARKET FOR LAMINATE FLOORCOVERINGS 1993-2017 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 19: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR SOLID AND ENGINEERED WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS 2012-2021 - BY VALUE (£M MSP)
- TABLE 20: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS ACCESSORIES 2012-2021 - BY VALUE (£M MSP)
- TABLE 21: INTERNATIONAL TRADE IN KEY TYPES OF WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS PRODUCTS 2011 TO 2016 - BY VALUE (£M)
- CHART 22: COMPARISON OF MAIN IMPORT SOURCE REGIONS FOR WOOD FLOORING PRODUCTS 2011 AND 2016 - % BY VALUE
- TABLE 23: MAIN IMPORT SOURCE COUNTRIES FOR THE UK WOOD FLOORING MARKET 2011 AND 2016 - BY VALUE (£M) AND % OF IMPORTS
- CHART 24: UK WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET END-USE APPLICATION MIX (DOMESTIC VERSUS CONTRACT) 2017 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 25: UK WOOD FLOORING MARKET DOMESTIC SECTOR INSTALLATION MIX (NEW HOUSEBUILDING, DIY AND PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION) 2017 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 26: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR CONTRACT WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS 2012-2017 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 27: UK MARKET FOR CONTRACT WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS BY END-USE APPLICATION MIX (COMMERCIAL, RETAIL, ENTERTAINMENT/LEISURE) 2017 - % BY VALUE
- TABLE 28: LEADING SUPPLIERS TO THE TOTAL UK WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET 2016
- TABLE 29: LEADING SUPPLIERS IN THE SOLID/ENGINEERED WOOD MARKET 2016
- CHART 30: WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS DISTRIBUTION - DOMESTIC MARKET
- CHART 31: WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS DISTRIBUTION - COMMERCIAL/CONTRACT MARKET
- TABLE 32: UK MARKET FOR WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS - DOMESTIC DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL SHARE 2017 - % SHARE BY VALUE
- TABLE 33: RETAIL SALE OF CARPETS, RUGS AND WALL COVERINGS - NUMBER OF ORGANISATIONS BY TURNOVER BAND 2012 AND 2016
- TABLE 34: CONTRACT WOOD FLOORCOVERINGS MARKET KEY DISTRIBUTION ROUTES