Product Code: bld78
INTRODUCTION and OVERVIEW
AMA Research have published the 4th edition of the ‘Facilities Management Outsourcing - Corporate Sector Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis'. The report offers a unique view of this substantial market, focusing on the outsourced management and delivery of non-core services within corporate end-use sectors including commercial offices, retail, entertainment & leisure, manufacturing & warehousing, energy & utilities and privatised transport services.
Key issues covered:
- Specific analysis of the FM Outsourcing market within the corporate sector - sector sizes & trends, key market influences, penetration of FM outsourcing, mix by end-use sector, forecasts and potential opportunities as the market sector recovers.
- Review of key corporate application areas - sector sizes, key market influences and trends, implications for FM providers, future prospects and areas of opportunity for FM provision.
- Review of market structure and leading providers - consolidating supply structure, diversification of service provision and company profiles for the leading contractors within the private commercial sectors.
Particular areas of insight include:
- Market activity within the corporate sector from 2009 to 2015, with forecasts through to 2019.
- Positive future prospects are influenced by the improving economy, growing added value opportunities, greater use of integrated FM services and more international contracts.
- Impact of Compulsory Living Wage on the overall FM market and on the corporate FM market in particular.
- Impact of the skills shortages in certain, more highly skilled sectors may constrain growth.
Some of the companies included:
Amey Group, Aramark UK, Babcock International Group, Balfour Beatty Workplace, Bouygues Energies and Services, Capita Group, Carillion, Cofeley, Deloitte Real Estate, EC Harris, Emcor UK, Eric Wright, Europa Support Services, Facilities Services Group, G4S, Gardiner & Theobald, Incentive FM, Integral UK, Interserve, Inviron, ISS UK, John Laing, Johnson Controls, Kier, Mace Macro, Mears Group, MITIE, Morgan Sindall, Mouchel, Norland, Norse Group, OCS Group, Rentokil Initial, Robertson Group, Serco Group, SGP, Skanska UK, Sodexo, Turner, Vinci, Volkerfitzpatrick.
Key areas covered in the report include:
FM OUTSOURCING - CORPORATE SECTOR
- Review of Corporate FM Outsourcing market - estimates of market size from 2009-2015, with forecasts for the period from 2016 to 2019.
- Key market influences - macroeconomic factors, construction output, and legislation. Market maturity in most end use sectors, growth opportunities, greater client integration, greater emphasis on added-value FM contracts, improving confidence levels in business and office sectors. Future opportunities and threats.
- Market mix among corporate end use application Areas - Offices, Retail, Leisure and Other. Future opportunities and potential for growth in each sub-sector.
- Penetration of outsourcing in the corporate sector - level of maturity, trend to TFM and BPO. Influence of consolidation in the industry, influence of internationalisation of the industry and trend towards more international contracts.
KEY CORPORATE END USE SECTORS
- Commercial Offices - sector performance, key influences, take-up and vacancy rates in Central London, Regional office review. FM outsourcing penetration, influences and trends. Future prospects and opportunities, improving levels of business confidence and potential influence on the market of increased speculative build.
- Retail - sector performance and key influences across retail outlets and shopping malls. FM outsourcing penetration, influences and trends. Future prospects and opportunities against a background of increased Internet purchases, greater warehousing requirements and lower levels of large scale retail space being constructed.
- Leisure and Entertainment - sector reviews for Hotels, Restaurants & Cafes, Pubs & Clubs, Betting & Gaming Facilities and Leisure & Sports Clubs. FM outsourcing penetration, influences and trends. Future prospects and opportunities.
- ‘Other' End Use Sectors - sector reviews for Manufacturing & Warehousing, Energy & Utilities and Privatised Transport Services. FM outsourcing penetration, influences and trends.
- Future prospects and opportunities in the light of the improving industrial environment, particularly in advanced manufacturing, electronics, automotive, aerospace and within the Enterprise Zones.
- Review of origins of FM companies and supply structure. Share groupings of the major companies across the FM industry.
- Key trends - large number of recent acquisitions & mergers, market entrants, impact of market maturity, expansion and diversification of service provision, market consolidation.
- Market profiles for leading FM providers to Corporate application areas, covering over 40 major providers and niche specialists - outline includes company size, growth trends, areas of specialisation, some sector strengths and major contracts.
THE OVERALL FM OUTSOURCING MARKET
- Overview of the overall bundled Facilities Management Market - estimates of total market size from 2009-2015, with forecasts for the period from 2016 to 2019.
- Key market influences and future prospects - macroeconomic factors, diversification in service provision, increasing maturity in a number of end use sectors, trend towards TFM and ‘bundling' and legislative influences.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. SUMMARY & FUTURE PROSPECTS
- 2.1. SUMMARY
- 2.2. FUTURE PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. FM IN THE CORPORATE SECTOR
- 4.1. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT OUTSOURCING MARKET
- 4.1.1. Definition
- 4.1.2. FM Market Size and Trends
- 4.2. CORPORATE FM MARKET DEFINITION
- 4.3. CORPORATE FM MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS
- 4.4. KEY MARKET INFLUENCES
- 4.4.1. Private Sector Construction Output
- 4.4.2. Legislation
5. KEY CORPORATE END USE SECTORS
- 5.1. END USER MIX
- 5.2. COMMERCIAL OFFICES
- 5.3. RETAIL
- 5.4. LEISURE AND ENTERTAINMENT
- 5.4.1. Hotels & Guest Houses
- 5.4.2. Public Houses & Bars
- 5.4.3. Betting & Gaming
- 5.4.4. Other
- 5.5. OTHER END USERS
6. CONTRACTORS REVIEW
- 6.1. ORIGINS AND SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- 6.2. MARKET SHARES
- 6.3. COMPANY PROFILES
- 6.3.1. Leading FM Contractors
- 6.3.2. Other Companies in the Corporate FM Market
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK FM OUTSOURCING MARKET WITHIN THE CORPORATE SECTOR AT CURRENT PRICES 2009-2019
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2012-2015 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2019
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2019
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2010-2016 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- CHART 6: UK BUNDLED FM OUTSOURCING MARKET AT CURRENT PRICES 2009-2019 (£ MILLION)
- TABLE 7: UK CORPORATE FM OUTSOURCING MARKET 2009-2019 (AT CURRENT PRICES)
- CHART 8: UK CORPORATE FM SERVICES SHARE OF OVERALL FM MARKET 2009-2019
- TABLE 9: CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT AND FORECAST £BN - CORPORATE END USE MARKETS (OFFICES, RETAIL, ETC) 2010-2019 CURRENT PRICES
- CHART 10: UK CORPORATE FM SERVICES MARKET MIX BY END USE APPLICATION BY VALUE (LEISURE, RETAIL, OFFICES ETC) 2015
- CHART 11: CENTRAL LONDON OFFICE MARKET - OFFICE TAKE UP (MILLION SQ. FT)
- CHART 12: CENTRAL LONDON OFFICE MARKET - OFFICE VACANCY RATES (%)
- CHART 13: NUMBER OF UK RETAIL BUSINESSES WITH AN ANNUAL TURNOVER £1M+ 2009-2014
- TABLE 14: UK RETAIL VALUE SALES EXCL. AUTOMOTIVE & FUEL - NOT SEASONALLY ADJUSTED - 2009-2015 (£BN)
- CHART 15: NET CAPITAL EXPENDITURE BY MAJOR UK RETAIL SECTORS £M 2009-2013 (GENERAL, CLOTHING, ELECTRICAL, FOOD ETC)
- CHART 16: KEY LEISURE SECTORS - NO. ENTERPRISES (2009 - 2013)
- TABLE 17: UK HOTEL SECTOR - NUMBER OF HOTELS AND GUESTHOUSES (10 OR MORE BEDROOMS) AS AT JUNE 2015
- CHART 18: TURNOVER IN THE UK HOTEL SECTOR - 2009-2018 (£ BILLION)
- TABLE 19: TOP UK RESTAURANT OPERATORS AND THEIR BRANDS - 2014 (NO OF OUTLETS)
- CHART 20: TURNOVER IN THE UK PUBS AND CLUBS SECTOR 2007 -2013
- CHART 21: PERFORMANCE OF THE MANUFACTURING, UTILITIES AND TRANSPORT SECTORS - TURNOVER 2009-2014 (£ MILLION)
- TABLE 22: TOP 20 FM SUPPORT SERVICES COMPANIES IN THE UK