Product Code: bld23
AMA Research have published the 7th Edition of the ‘Contract Cleaning Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis’. The report includes a detailed review of recent trends and developments in addition to future prospects, and offers a comprehensive review of market developments.
Key issues covered in the report include:
- Overall contract cleaning market size - trends, key driving factors etc.
- Review of key cleaning sectors including office, health, retail, education, local and central government.
- Review of the cleaning equipment and materials market.
- Key suppliers, supply chain and distribution channels to the market.
- Future prospects to 2021.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Review of contract cleaning market by size and sector - public sector, offices, education, healthcare, transport, retail etc. - mix between in-house and contracted out/FM services.
- Market prospects for 2017-21 - pressures on margins and rising input costs are resulting in a very competitive market, further exacerbated by rising wage costs. Impact of uncertainty surrounding Brexit and its impact on the UK economy.
- Growth in outsourcing as organisations seek to reduce costs by focusing on key services - Key FM contractors, profiles etc.
- Trend towards powered cleaning equipment helping to underpin market for cleaning equipment and materials.
Contract Cleaning Market Overview
- Overview of contract cleaning market plus an analysis of underlying trends and key influences on the market in 2012-17.
- Historical background - development of the market, influencing factors, economic influences, etc.
- Market size by value - 2012-2017 - market performance and prospects and factors influencing future growth potential with forecasts up to 2021.
- Key influences and trends on the development of the market - impact of the economy, legislation, environmental / sustainability issues, technological developments, changes to Minimum Wage/ National Living Wage, price competition and trends within manufacturing and construction sectors.
End-Use Sector Review
- Review of key end-use sectors for the contract cleaning market - including market development since 2012 with forecasts to 2021, share of market by in-house/contracted services in 2016, key influencing factors.
- Individual reviews for commercial offices, healthcare, transport, food hygiene, local authorities, central government, retail & distribution, entertainment & leisure and industrial sectors.
- Contract Cleaning market size by sector 2012-21 - key trends, factors influencing market, construction trends by sector.
- Review of supply structure and corporate activity in recent years.
- Role of Integrated FM providers, single-service contractors etc. - key trends in outsourcing, impact of public sector cuts, etc.
- Profiles of leading organisations in the main supply channels - Multi-Service Providers, Contract Cleaning Companies and Franchise Networks.
Cleaning Equipment and Materials Market
- Product mix by value 2016 for powered cleaning equipment, manual cleaning equipment and cleaning chemicals.
- Powered Cleaning equipment - product mix by carpet cleaning, hard floor machines, pressure washers/steam cleaners.
- Key suppliers to the market and analysis of leading distribution channels.
- Manufacturers of cleaning products and equipment - powered cleaning, manual cleaning, etc.
- Channels of distribution and supply chain - shares by companies, etc.
ABM Facility Services UK, Adept Cleaning Group (Domestic), Amey, Atlas Cleaning, Better Clean, BG Cleaning, Birkin, Bright & Beautiful (Eco Cleaning), Carillion, Carlisle Support Services, Clean Genie (commercial and domestic cleaning), Consultant Services Cleaners, Devon Norse, Dublcheck, FiltaFry Plus, GSF Sandylight, ICM, Ideal Cleaning Services, Interserve, ISS UK, Jani-King (GB), Jan Pro UK & Ireland, Julius Rutherfoord, Integrated Cleaning Management, Maid2Clean (Domestic), MITIE, Minster Cleaning Services, NIC Services Group, N-Viro, OCS Group, Peartree Cleaning Services, Pinnacle Cleaning Services (Offices), Sanondaf, Spotless Commercial Cleaning, Techclean Services (computer and IT equipment), The ServiceMaster Group, Total Clean, Wetton Cleaning Services.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. SUMMARY AND MARKET PROSPECTS
- 2.1. SUMMARY
- 2.2. MARKET PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. UK CONTRACT CLEANING MARKET
- 4.1. DEFINITION
- 4.2. MARKET SIZE & PROSPECTS
- 4.3. KEY MARKET TRENDS & INFLUENCES
- 4.3.1. Impact of Brexit on Legislation
- 4.3.2. Technology
- 4.3.3. Daytime Cleaning
- 4.3.4. Impact of Online Shopping
- 4.3.5. Sustainability
- 4.3.6. Legislation
- 4.3.7. Hygiene/Infection Control
- 4.3.8. Multi-Service Provision
- 4.3.9. Construction Activity
- 4.3.10. Skills & Qualifications
- 4.3.11. Recruitment
- 4.3.12. Working Hours and Pay
- 4.3.13. Security
5. END-USE SECTORS
- 5.1. OVERVIEW
- 5.2. SECTOR OVERVIEWS
- 5.2.1. Offices
- 5.2.2. Healthcare
- 5.2.3. Transport Sector
- 5.2.4. Food Hygiene Sector
- 5.2.5. Local Authorities / Education
- 5.2.6. Central Government
- 5.2.7. Retail & Distribution
- 5.2.8. Industrial Sector
- 5.2.9. Others (including Entertainment & Leisure Sector)
6. CONTRACTORS REVIEW
- 6.1. SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- 6.1.1. IFS/IFM and Multi-Service Providers
- 6.1.2. Contract Cleaning Companies
- 6.1.3. Franchise Networks
7. CLEANING EQUIPMENT & MATERIALS
- 7.1. OVERVIEW
- 7.2. PRODUCT MIX
- 7.2.1. Powered Cleaning Equipment
- 7.2.2. Manual Cleaning Products
- 7.2.3. Commercial & Industrial Cleaning Chemicals
- 7.3. MANUFACTURERS/IMPORTERS/DISTRIBUTORS OF CLEANING PRODUCTS & EQUIPMENT
- 7.3.1. Powered Cleaning Equipment
- 7.3.2. Manual Cleaning Products
- 7.3.3. Commercial & Industrial Cleaning Chemicals
- 7.4. CHANNELS OF DISTRIBUTION
- 7.4.1. Other distributors
- 7.4.2. Specialist Cleaning Distributors
- 7.4.3. Direct Sales
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK MARKET FOR CONTRACT CLEANING SERVICES - BY VALUE (£M CONTRACTORS' PRICES) 2012-2021
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2017 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2021
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2021
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2013-2019 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- TABLE 6: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR CONTRACT CLEANING SERVICES 2012-2021 - BY VALUE (£M AT CONTRACTORS' PRICES)
- CHART 7: UK MARKET FOR CLEANING SERVICES MIX BY TYPE (IN-HOUSE/OUTSOURCED) 2016 (% BY VALUE)
- CHART 8: UK CONTRACT CLEANING MARKET BY END-USE SECTOR (COMMERCIAL, HEALTH, RETAIL, INDUSTRIAL, FOOD HYGIENE, LEISURE ETC.) - % BY VALUE 2017
- CHART 9: OFFICES OUTPUT (PRIVATE & PUBLIC SECTOR), NEW ORDERS AND FORECASTS- BY VALUE (£BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021
- TABLE 10: UK COMMERCIAL OFFICE MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR CONTRACT CLEANING- BY VALUE (£M AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012-2021
- CHART 11: HEALTH OUTPUT (PRIVATE & PUBLIC SECTOR), NEW ORDERS AND FORECASTS- BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021
- TABLE 12: UK HEALTHCARE MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR CONTRACT CLEANING- BY VALUE (£M) 2012 - 2021
- CHART 13: UK RAIL INFRASTRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT (PRIVATE & PUBLIC SECTOR) - BY VALUE (£MILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021
- TABLE 14: UK TRANSPORT MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR CONTRACT CLEANING- BY VALUE (£M) 2012 - 2021
- TABLE 15: UK FOOD HYGIENE MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR CONTRACT CLEANING- BY VALUE (£M AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 - 2021
- CHART 16: EDUCATION OUTPUT (PRIVATE & PUBLIC SECTOR), NEW ORDERS AND FORECASTS - BY VALUE (£ BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021
- TABLE 17: UK LOCAL AUTHORITY MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR CONTRACT CLEANING 2012-2021 (£M AT CURRENT PRICES)
- TABLE 18: UK CENTRAL GOVERNMENT MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR CONTRACT CLEANING- BY VALUE (£M AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 - 2021
- CHART 19: RETAIL OUTPUT (PRIVATE & PUBLIC SECTOR), NEW ORDERS AND FORECASTS- BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021
- TABLE 20: UK RETAIL AND DISTRIBUTION MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR CONTRACT CLEANING- BY VALUE (£M AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021
- CHART 21: INDUSTRIAL OUTPUT (PRIVATE & PUBLIC SECTOR), NEW ORDERS AND FORECASTS- BY VALUE (£BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021
- TABLE 22: UK INDUSTRIAL MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR CONTRACT CLEANING- BY VALUE (AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021
- CHART 23: ENTERTAINMENT & LEISURE OUTPUT (PRIVATE & PUBLIC SECTOR), NEW ORDERS AND FORECAST OUTPUT- BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021
- TABLE 24: UK ENTERTAINMENT AND LEISURE MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR CONTRACT CLEANING- BY VALUE (£M AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012 TO 2021
- CHART 25: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR COMMERCIAL CLEANING EQUIPMENT, PRODUCTS AND CHEMICALS 2012 TO 2021 - BY VALUE (£M MSP)
- CHART 26: PRODUCT MIX FOR INDUSTRIAL CLEANING EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS 2017 - BY VALUE (%)
- CHART 27: UK MARKET MIX FOR COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL CLEANING MACHINES 2017 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 28: UK CLEANING EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS DISTRIBUTION 2017 (SPECIALIST DISTRIBUTORS, DIRECT SALES, CATALOGUE, OTHERS) - % BY VALUE