Product Code: bld74
INTRODUCTION and OVERVIEW
AMA Research have published the 4th edition of the ‘Facilities Management Outsourcing - Health and Education Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis'. The report offers a unique view of the market for outsourced management and delivery of non-core services with a specific focus on the Health & Education sectors.
Key issues covered:
- Specific analysis of the FM Outsourcing market within Health & Education - sector sizes & trends, key market influences, government expenditure plans & PFI/PPP, penetration of FM outsourcing, forecasts and potential opportunities.
- Review of market structure and leading providers - changing supply structure, diversification of service provision and company profiles for the leading contractors within Health and Education sectors.
- Overview of the broader UK FM outsourcing market - size, recent trends and key market influences, forecasts and future prospects.
Key areas of insight include:
- Market size of FM Health & Education from 2009 to 2015, with forecasts through to 2019.
- Key FM contractors - key players, market position etc.
- Mix of in-house, single, bundled TFM service provision in the education and health sectors over the medium term.
Some of the companies included:
Balfour Beatty, BAM, Bouygues UK, Bowmer & Kirkland, Carillion, Downing Developments, Galliford Try, Interserve, Kier, Laing O'Rourke, Morgan Sindall, Osborne, Sir Robert McAlpine, Wates, Watkin Jones, Willmott Dixon.
Key areas covered in the report include:
FM OUTSOURCING - HEALTH AND EDUCATION SECTORS
- Overview of the overall FM Market - market definition in terms of sectors -total market size 2008-18 for bundled FM services - Review of FM Outsourcing market within Health & Education - estimates of market size from 2009-2015, with forecasts for the period from 2016 to 2019.
- Key market influences - capital expenditure programmes, penetration of outsourcing, increasing market maturity in the healthcare sector, construction output and developments within the PFI/PPP sector. Future opportunities and threats - impact of ‘Living Wage' etc.
- FM Market mix among Health and Education - recent growth rates and changing market mix.
- Penetration of Outsourcing in the Health and Education sectors - level of maturity, services outsourced, trend to TFM and bundled services.
FM IN THE HEALTH SECTOR
- Market size from 2009-2015, with forecasts from 2016 - 2019. Key market influences, drivers for growth, future opportunities and threats.
- Review of major capital expenditure programmes: PFI/PPP, LIFT, Procure 21, Treatment Centres Programme.
- Service provision mix - in-house, singe, bundled, TFM contracts; and mix of services provided through outsourcing - cleaning, catering, building & engineering maintenance, portering, laundry etc.
- End Users of Bundled/TFM services - acute, mental health, primary care/GPs etc - mix of service provision within sectors - recent trends, future prospects.
- Trends in private sector, dental groups, care homes - leading players by sector
FM IN THE EDUCATION SECTOR
- Market size from 2009-2015, with forecasts from 2016 - 2019. Key market influences, factors influencing developing pace of growth. Influences behind anticipated growth levels over the medium term alongside a review of potential threats.
- Review of major capital expenditure programmes: PFI/PPP, Priority Schools Building Programme, Higher Education.
- Service provision mix - in-house, singe, bundled, TFM contracts; and mix of services provided through outsourcing - cleaning, catering, building & engineering maintenance, grounds maintenance etc.
- Facilities Services Costs - by sector. Service costs by education sector (primary, secondary) - cleaning, catering, building maintenance, grounds etc.
- Estimation of the mix of end users and the services required in each sector.
- Key trends - recent acquisitions & mergers, market entrants, business failures, impact of market maturity, expansion and diversification of service provision, market polarisation.
- Review of origins of FM companies and Supply Structure.
- Market Shares of and company profiles for leading FM providers to Health and Education covering over 40 major providers and niche specialists - outline includes overview of market shares, company size, growth trends, areas of specialization, sector strengths and major contracts.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS
- 2.1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 2.2. FUTURE PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. FM IN THE HEALTH & EDUCATION SECTORS
- 4.1. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT OUTSOURCING MARKET
- 4.1.1. Definition
- 4.1.2. FM Market Size and Trends
- 4.2. HEALTH & EDUCATION FM MARKET DEFINITION
- 4.3. HEALTH & EDUCATION FM MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS
- 4.4. HEALTH & EDUCATION FM MARKET MIX
- 4.5. KEY MARKET INFLUENCES
- 4.5.1. Healthcare and Education Construction Output
- 4.5.2. Public Private Partnerships
- 4.5.3. Legislation
5. FM IN THE HEALTH SECTOR
- 5.1. HEALTHCARE FM MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS
- 5.2 . SERVICES AND SERVICE PROVISION
- 5.3. END USERS
- 5.3.1. Acute Trusts
- 5.3.2. Primary Care
- 5.3.3. Mental Health & Learning Trusts
- 5.3.4. Other Trusts
- 5.3.5. Private Sector
6. FM IN THE EDUCATION SECTOR
- 6.1. EDUCATION FM MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS
- 6.2. SERVICES AND SERVICE PROVISION
- 6.3. END USERS
- 6.3.1. Primary Education
- 6.3.2. Secondary Education
- 6.3.3. Tertiary Education
7. CONTRACTORS REVIEW
- 7.1. ORIGINS AND SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- 7.2. MARKET SHARES
- 7.3. COMPANY PROFILES
- 7.3.1. Leading Contractors in Health and Education
- 7.3.2. Other Leading Companies in the FM Market
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK FM OUTSOURCING MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS - HEALTH AND EDUCATION 2009 - 2019 (£BN)
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2012-2015 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2019
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2019
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2010-2015 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- CHART 6: UK BUNDLED FM OUTSOURCING MARKET AT CURRENT PRICES 2008-2018 (£ BILLION)
- TABLE 7: UK EDUCATION AND HEALTHCARE BUNDLED FM OUTSOURCING MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2009-2019 (£M)
- CHART 8: HEALTHCARE AND EDUCATION FM MARKET MIX BY VALUE 2015 (%)
- TABLE 9: CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT 2009 - 2014 (£M CURRENT PRICES) - HEALTH AND EDUCATION
- CHART 10: NEW WORK OUTPUT FORECASTS 2015-2019 (£BN) AT CURRENT PRICES - HEALTH & EDUCATION
- TABLE 11: CURRENT PFI PROJECTS ACROSS GOVERNMENT BY DEPARTMENT 2014
- CHART 12: NUMBER AND COMBINED CAPITAL VALUE OF PFI PROJECTS SIGNED ANNUALLY 2000 TO MARCH 2014
- TABLE 13: PROJECTED SERVICE PAYMENTS UNDER PFI CONTRACTS - 2008/2009 TO 2029/2030
- TABLE 14: UK HEALTHCARE MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS FOR BUNDLED FM OUTSOURCING 2009-2019 (CURRENT PRICES)
- TABLE 15: SIZE OF NHS ESTATE BY FUNCTION (SQ. M.) 2010-11 TO 2013-14 (GIFA, OCCUPIED/UNUSED, ETC)
- TABLE 16: ESTIMATED SERVICE MIX IN OUTSOURCED FM IN THE HEALTH SECTOR (CLEANING, BLDG & ENG, CATERING ETC) 2013/14
- CHART 17: SERVICE PROVISION MIX (IN HOUSE, BUNDLED, SINGLE ETC) BY VALUE 2013/14 (%)
- CHART 18: END USERS OF BUNDLED & TFM OUTSOURCING (ACUTE, MENTAL HEALTH, GPS ETC) MIX BY VALUE 2013/14 (%)
- CHART 19: ACUTE TRUSTS - MIX OF SITES BY VOLUME (SUPPORT, GENERAL ACUTE, TREATMENT CENTRES, SPECIALIST, ETC) 2013/14
- CHART 20: ACUTE TRUSTS - MIX OF SERVICE PROVISION BY VALUE (IN HOUSE, SINGLE SERVICE, BUNDLED, TFM) 2013/14
- CHART 21: PRIMARY CARE - MIX OF SITES BY VOLUME (GPS, HOSPITALS, NURSING ETC) 2013/14
- CHART 22: GPS - MIX OF SERVICE PROVISION BY VALUE (IN HOUSE, SINGLE SERVICE, BUNDLED, TFM) 2013/14
- CHART 23: MENTAL HEALTH & LEARNING - MIX OF SITES BY VOLUME (TREATMENT CENTRES, GP, HOSPITALS, SUPPORT) 2013/14
- CHART 24: MENTAL HEALTH & LEARNING TRUSTS - MIX OF SERVICE PROVISION BY VALUE (IN HOUSE, SINGLE SERVICE, BUNDLED, TFM) 2013/14
- CHART 25: OTHER TRUSTS - MIX OF SITES BY VOLUME (TREATMENT CENTRES, GP, HOSPITALS, SUPPORT) 2013/14
- CHART 26: ‘OTHER' TRUSTS - MIX OF SERVICE PROVISION BY VALUE (IN HOUSE, SINGLE SERVICE, BUNDLED, TFM) 2013/14
- CHART 27: PRIVATE ACUTE HEALTHCARE MARKET SIZE - % BY SECTOR (ACUTE HOSPITALS, NHS COMMISSIONING, MENTAL HEALTH - (£BN) 2013-14
- TABLE 28: LEADING UK PRIVATE HOSPITAL PROVIDERS 2014 - MARKET SHARES, NO. OF ACUTE HOSPITALS, BEDS
- TABLE 29: MAJOR DENTAL COMPANIES IN THE UK BY NUMBER OF PRACTICES IN 2012 AND 2015
- TABLE 30: LEADING 10 PRIVATE PROVIDERS OF LONG-TERM CARE - NUMBER OF HOMES - 2015
- TABLE 31: UK EDUCATION BUNDLED FM OUTSOURCING MARKET 2009-2019 (£M)
- TABLE 32: FM SERVICE MIX IN EDUCATION (CATERING, BLDG & MAINTENANCE, CLEANING, GROUNDS MAINTENANCE ETC) BY VALUE 2014
- CHART 33: FACILITIES SERVICES COSTS IN EDUCATION (SECONDARY, PRIMARY, TERTIARY ETC) BY VALUE 2013/14
- CHART 34: FACILITIES SERVICES COSTS WITHIN PRIMARY SCHOOLS BY VALUE (CATERING, CLERICAL, BMI, CLEANING, GROUNDS ETC) 2013/14
- CHART 35: FACILITIES SERVICES COSTS WITHIN SECONDARY SCHOOLS BY VALUE (CATERING, CLERICAL, BMI, CLEANING, GROUNDS ETC) 2013/14
- TABLE 36: TOP 20 FM SUPPORT SERVICES COMPANIES IN THE UK