Product Code: Bld13
INTRODUCTION and OVERVIEW
The 12th edition of the ‘Access Equipment Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis' represents an up-to-date and perceptive review of the market and its development. First published in the early-1990s, this report covers both non-powered and powered access products - including ladders, scaffolding, access towers, MEWPs and mast climbers. It reviews developments within the industry since 2011, with current forecasts of market performance up to 2020, assessing recent trends, key influencing factors and future developments within the UK market for access equipment through to 2020.
Product sectors covered:
Non-Powered Access Products:
- Ladders - aluminium, wood, GRP and steel.
- Access Towers - mobile, stair, span units, folding platforms.
- Scaffolding - system and traditional.
Powered Access Products:
- Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) - personnel lifts, trailer mounts, self-propelled booms, scissor lifts, vehicle mounts.
- Others - including suspended access systems and mast climbers.
Key areas of insight include:
- Analysis of key product segments - market size and trends, product mix, key suppliers and distribution for ladders, access towers, scaffolding, MEWPs and other powered access systems.
- Key market influences including construction output in the residential and non-residential sectors, legislation, plant and tool hire market and other key influences
- Assessment of market prospects for each sector including market size estimates to 2020 and market trends.
- Major suppliers and shares - ladders, access towers, scaffolding, mobile elevating work platforms, mast climbers and suspended access.
- Review of distribution channels for access equipment.
Some of the companies included:
A Bratt & Son, Alimak Hek, Altrad NSG UK, A-Plant, Atrium Gantry, Austin White Ladders, Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services, Bronto Skylift, Cento Engineering, Chase Manufacturing, CoxGomyl, Clow Group, CTE UK, Euro Towers, Façade Hoists, Fraco, Generation UK, Genie UK, Haki UK, Haulotte, Hinowa UK, HSS, Interlink Alloy Systems, Globe Ladders, JLG Industries UK, Kee Safety, King Vehicle Engineering, Ladder & Fencing Industries, Lavendon Group, Layher UK, Lyte Industries (Wales), Maber, Manitou, Midland Ladder Co, Niftylift, Norscaff, Ramsay & Sons, RMD Kwikform, Scanclimber, Skyjack, Snorkel UK, Speedy Hire, TB Davies, Teupen Maschinbau GmbH, Titan Ladders, TopTower, Tractel UK, Turner Access, Versalift Distributors UK, VP Hire Station, Wardworth, Werner UK, Yeoman Pressings, Youngman Group, Zarges (UK).
Key areas covered in the report include:
THE UK ACCESS EQUIPMENT MARKET
- Total Access Equipment Market - analysis of market size by value in 2011-15, historical trends, assessment of market performance 2015/16, forecasts 2016-2020.
- Product Mix - non-powered access and powered access products by value, changing mix 2000, 2008, 2015 and 2016 forecast - key changes, trends.
- Key Market influences - including economic factors, performance of construction sector, legislation, plant hire, tool hire, event equipment hire market sizes. Infrastructure equipment hire sector review.
- Future Prospects - forecasts of potential market performance from 2017 to 2020.
NON-POWERED ACCESS PRODUCTS
- Market Size - analysis of total non-powered access equipment in UK, assessment of market performance since 2011 and forecasts of performance to 2020.
- Product Mix - value share of individual non-powered access products 2015.
- Analysis by Product - including ladders, access towers and scaffolding - market size by sector 2011 to 2015, key influencing factors, forecast performance by sector 2016 to 2020.
- Product Mix/Trends and Developments - for each sector including share mix by material/type, product developments, etc.
- Key Market Influences - strength of end-use sectors, competition between products, competition from powered access, growth of infrastructure sector etc.
- Key Suppliers - market shares by product sector - review of key players.
NON-POWERED ACCESS PRODUCTS
- Market Size - analysis of total powered access equipment in UK, assessment of market performance since 2011, review of conditions in 2016 and market forecasts to 2020.
- Product Mix - value share of individual powered access products.
- Analysis by Product - including MEWPs, suspended access systems and mast climbers, market size 2011 to 2015, review of market sectors in 2015/16, key influencing factors.
- Product Mix/Trends and Developments - for each sector. MEWPs product mix - Scissor Lifts, Self Propelled booms, Vehicle/Trailer mounted, Vertical Masts/Personnel Lifts etc. Specialist Access product mix - Suspended Access/Mast Climbers.
- Key Market Influences - including construction output, tool hire and plant hire etc.
- Key Suppliers - review of MEWPs sector.
SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION
- Review of Key Suppliers to UK Access Equipment Market in 2015. Focus on key suppliers, market shares, corporate changes, recent company performance, etc.
- Key Distribution Channels - main distribution channels and share 2015 - direct sales, rental/hire market, specialist distributors, developments within distribution channels.
- Focus on Rental Sector - leading organisations, recent changes within the rental sector
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS
- 2.1. SUMMARY
- 2.2. MARKET PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. STERLING
- 3.6. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.7. CONCLUSIONS
4. THE UK ACCESS EQUIPMENT MARKET
- 4.1. MARKET DEFINITION
- 4.2. MARKET CHARACTERISTICS
- 4.3. MARKET SIZE
- 4.3.1. Background and Market Performance
- 4.3.2. Current Situation and Market Prospects
- 4.4. PRODUCT MIX
- 4.5. KEY MARKET INFLUENCES
- 4.5.1. Construction Market
- 4.5.2. Plant Hire Market
- 4.5.3. Tool Hire Market
- 4.5.4. Infrastructure Sector
- 4.5.5. Events Equipment Hire
- 4.5.6. Legislation
5. NON-POWERED ACCESS EQUIPMENT
- 5.1. DEFINITION
- 5.2. MARKET SIZE AND PERFORMANCE
- 5.3. PRODUCT MIX
- 5.3.1. Overall Product Mix
- 5.3.2. Ladders
- 5.3.3. Scaffolding
- 5.3.4. Access Towers
- 5.4. SUPPLIERS
- 5.4.1. Key Suppliers of Ladders
- 5.4.2. Key Suppliers of Scaffolding
- 5.4.3. Key Suppliers of Access Towers
6. POWERED AND SPECIALIST ACCESS EQUIPMENT
- 6.1. DEFINITION
- 6.2. MARKET SIZE
- 6.2.1. Market Size and Performance
- 6.3. PRODUCT MIX
- 6.3.1. Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
- 6.3.2. Specialist Powered Access Products
- 6.3.3. Key Suppliers of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
- 6.3.4. Key Suppliers of Suspended Access
7. DISTRIBUTION REVIEW
- 7.1. OVERALL ACCESS EQUIPMENT MARKET
- 7.2. MAIN DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS FOR NON-POWERED ACCESS
- 7.2.1. Ladders
- 7.2.2. Scaffolding
- 7.2.3. Access Towers
- 7.3. MAIN DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS FOR POWERED AND SPECIALIST ACCESS
- 7.3.1. MEWPS Rental Sector
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK ACCESS EQUIPMENT MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2011 - 2020 BY VALUE (£M AT MSP)
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2013-2016 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2020
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2020
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2012-2018 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- TABLE 6: UK MARKET FOR ACCESS EQUIPMENT 2011-2020 BY VALUE (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 7: UK MARKET FOR ACCESS EQUIPMENT MIX BY SECTOR (POWERED & SPECIALIST ACCESS, NON-POWERED ACCESS) 2015 - % BY VALUE
- TABLE 8: UK MARKET FOR ACCESS EQUIPMENT - OVERALL PRODUCT MIX (LADDERS, SCAFFOLDING, ACCESS TOWERS, MEWPS, SPECIALIST) BY VALUE AND SHARE 2000, 2008 AND 2016
- TABLE 9: RESIDENTIAL AND NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT (NEW WORK AND RMI) GREAT BRITAIN 2011 TO 2020 - BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES)
- TABLE 10: UK PLANT HIRE MARKET AT HIRE MARKET PRICES 2011-2020
- CHART 11: UK TOOL HIRE MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2013-2017 (£M)
- TABLE 12: UK MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS FOR NON-POWERED ACCESS PRODUCTS 2011 - 2020 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 13: UK MARKET FOR NON-POWERED ACCESS EQUIPMENT PRODUCT MIX (LADDERS, SCAFFOLDING, ACCESS TOWERS) 2015 - % BY VALUE
- TABLE 14: CHANGES TO UK ACCESS EQUIPMENT PRODUCT MIX (LADDERS, SCAFFOLDING, ACCESS TOWERS) IN 2000, 2008 AND 2016 - BY VALUE
- CHART 15: UK LADDERS MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2011-2020 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 16: UK MARKET FOR LADDERS - MATERIALS MIX (ALUMINIUM, GRP, STEEL, TIMBER) 2015 - % BY VOLUME
- TABLE 17: UK SCAFFOLDING MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2011-2020 BY VALUE (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 18: UK MARKET FOR SCAFFOLDING - MIX BY PRODUCT TYPE (TRADITIONAL, SYSTEMS) 2015 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 19: UK ACCESS TOWERS MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2011-2020 BY VALUE (£M MSP)
- TABLE 20: LADDERS MARKET - SUPPLIER MARKET SHARES - 2015
- TABLE 21: SCAFFOLDING MARKET - SHARE OF LEADING SUPPLIERS - 2015
- TABLE 22: ACCESS TOWERS MARKET - SHARE OF LEADING SUPPLIERS - 2015
- TABLE 23: UK POWERED AND SPECIALIST ACCESS EQUIPMENT MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2011 - 2020 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 24: UK MARKET FOR POWERED AND SPECIALIST ACCESS EQUIPMENT PRODUCT MIX (MEWP, SPECIALIST ACCESS) 2015 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 25: UK MOBILE ELEVATING WORK PLATFORMS MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2011 - 2020 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 26: UK MARKET FOR MEWPS PRODUCT MIX (SCISSOR LIFTS, SELF-PROPELLED BOOMS, TRAILER MOUNTED, VERTICAL MASTS/LIFTS, VEHICLE MOUNTED) 2015 - % BY VOLUME
- CHART 27: UK SPECIALIST POWERED ACCESS EQUIPMENT MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2011-2020 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 28: UK MARKET FOR SPECIALIST ACCESS SYSTEMS PRODUCT MIX (SUSPENDED ACCESS, MAST CLIMBERS) 2015 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 29: UK MARKET FOR SUSPENDED ACCESS SYSTEMS PRODUCT MIX (TEMPORARY, PERMANENT) 2015 - % BY VALUE
- TABLE 30: UK MOBILE ELEVATING WORK PLATFORMS MARKET - SHARES OF LEADING SUPPLIERS 2015
- TABLE 31: SUSPENDED ACCESS SYSTEMS MARKET - SHARES OF LEADING SUPPLIERS 2015
- TABLE 32: UK MARKET FOR ACCESS EQUIPMENT - DISTRIBUTION SHARE BY CHANNEL 2015 (DIRECT SALES, HIRE AND SPECIALIST DISTRIBUTORS) - % BY VALUE BY PRODUCT