Product Code: Eur11
AMA Research have published the 6th edition of the report 'Electrical Wholesale Market Report - Western Europe 2015-2019 Analysis'. This report incorporates original input and primary research, and represents an up-to-date and perceptive review of several key European markets. It includes a review of recent market trends and forecasts for the western european electrical wholesale market over the next few years.
Countries individually reviewed include:
- The Netherlands
Key areas of insight include:
- BROAD ASSESSMENT OF THIS €25+ BILLION MARKET - with a review of Electrical Wholesale market size, recent trends, key market influences, current and future developments - with medium term forecasts to 2019.
- CONSTRUCTION/ECONOMY - trends and forecasts in each country, impact of credit crisis, variable performances between key markets.
- WHOLESALE MARKET STRUCTURE - market structure in each country, recent changes etc.
- BUYING GROUPS - major players, shares, address details etc.
- FUTURE PROSPECTS - forecasts of developments up to 2019.
Key areas covered in the report include:
ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET IN WESTERN EUROPE
- Overall size & structure of West European market - including the UK.
- Market size for France, Germany, Belgium & The Netherlands.
- Market trends since 2009 and forecasts of future developments up to 2019.
- Wholesaler market structure analysis - key variations between countries.
- Key Wholesalers - market shares, international, local operations.
- Buying Groups - key players, shares, recent changes etc.
- Key supplier profiles for each country.
- Key market issues & influencing factors - recent changes, acquisitions, market consolidation etc.
- Comparisons with UK market - size, trends, structure etc.
- Future prospects - impact of current EU financial crisis in 2015, longer term prospects etc.
- Overview of international operations of major groups - Sonepar, Rexel, Solar.
- Sources of further information, contact details.
- General economic overview and introduction.
- Demographic profiling.
- Economic background - historical context, future prospects.
- Construction activity levels - recent trends and future prospects.
- Housing market - recent activity and future trends.
SAMPLE LIST OF CHARTS FROM FRANCE SECTION OF THE REPORT
- Comparison of Key Economic Indicators - France, Germany & UK - 2014.
- European Union - Electrical Wholesale Market by Major Country 2014 - Germany, France, Uk, Belgium/Netherlands, Others.
- GDP at Market Prices - 2010-2014.
- GDP Real Growth & Forecasts - 2014-2016.
- Consumer Price Index - 2010-2014.
- Consumer Spending - 2010-2014.
- Construction Market Value - 2010-2015.
- Construction Market in France - Sector Breakdown 2013.
- Typical Average Mix of Product Sales - 2014 Estimates by Value.
- France - Electrical Wholesale Market 2010 -2019 (€ Million).
- France - Electrical Wholesale Market 2010-2019 (€Bn).
- France - Market Share of Major Suppliers - 2014.
SUMMARY OF REPORT CONTENTS
While the EU economy is experiencing a difficult period in 2014-15, there have been significant differences in the performance of construction markets in different countries. The Electrical Wholesale market is largely dependent on construction and home improvement activity and has experienced mixed fortunes over the last 2-3 years, with variable prospects up to 2019. In addition, each country has seen some restructuring and the sector has become much more concentrated in general, though there are still major differences between key countries.
The overall electrical wholesale market within the European Union countries (excluding recent accession countries) is estimated to be worth around €30-32 billion according to our definition. This figure is similar to the market size in 2012, though there have been changes within individual markets. Germany represents the largest electrical wholesale market within the European Union. In all countries, the 'national' players dominate the electrical wholesale market by value in 2014 - typically with shares of over 65% for the top 2/3 players.
The key trend in the market is the continuing rationalisation of the sector, with further acquisitions consolidating the dominant positions of Rexel and Sonepar across the markets covered by this analysis, and further afield. Both Sonepar and Rexel have also continued to expand their operations in less mature markets in developing economies. One important development in the last year is that Sonepar have entered the UK market with the acquisition of Routeco in 2014.
While 2015-16 is likely to be a difficult period with all countries affected to some extent, medium term prospects are generally relatively optimistic. Broadly, forecasts over the next few years in the electrical wholesaling market indicate modest recovery, reflecting a combination of increases in new housebuilding levels and a steady recovery in consumer spending feeding through into rising demand for electrical products in the medium term. New market opportunities are also emerging with the electrical sector adopting variable levels of involvement in renewable energy, home automation, while IT/communications also continues to attract significant investment. Conversely, external threats to the sector have grown with a switch to offsite manufacturing in some countries and a growing focus on modularity in areas such as wiring and circuit breakers for example.
Table of Contents
CONTENTS and LIST OF TABLES & CHARTS
1 INTRODUCTION AND MARKET OVERVIEW
- F2. SUMMARY & FUTURE PROSPECTS
- F2.1 SUMMARY
- F2.2 FUTURE PROSPECTS
- F3. GENERAL & ECONOMIC BACKGROUND
- F3.1 GENERAL BACKGROUND
- F3.2 ECONOMIC BACKGROUND
- F3.3 CONSTRUCTION
- F3.4 THE HOUSING MARKET
- F4. ELECTRICAL WHOLESALERS MARKET IN FRANCE
- F4.1 MARKET SIZE
- F4.2 ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET STRUCTURE
- F4.3 KEY COMPANIES
- F.5 SOURCES OF FURTHER INFORMATION
- G2. SUMMARY & FUTURE PROSPECTS
- G2.1 SUMMARY
- G2.2 FUTURE PROSPECTS
- G3 GENERAL & ECONOMIC BACKGROUND
- G3.1 GENERAL BACKGROUND
- G3.2 ECONOMIC BACKGROUND
- G3.3 CONSTRUCTION
- G3.4 THE HOUSING MARKET
- G4. ELECTRICAL WHOLESALERS MARKET IN GERMANY
- G4.1 MARKET SIZE
- G4.2 ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET STRUCTURE
- G4.3 KEY COMPANIES
- G5. SOURCES OF FURTHER INFORMATION
- B2. SUMMARY & FUTURE PROSPECTS
- B2.1 SUMMARY
- B2.2 FUTURE PROSPECTS
- B3. GENERAL & ECONOMIC BACKGROUND
- B3.1 GENERAL BACKGROUND
- B3.2 ECONOMIC BACKGROUND
- B3.3 CONSTRUCTION
- B3.4 THE HOUSING MARKET
- B4. ELECTRICAL WHOLESALERS MARKET IN BELGIUM
- B4.1 MARKET SIZE
- B4.2 ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET SIZE
- B4.3 KEY COMPANIES
- B5. SOURCES OF FURTHER INFORMATION
- N2. SUMMARY & FUTURE PROSPECTS
- N2.1 SUMMARY
- N2.2 FUTURE PROSPECTS
- N3 GENERAL & ECONOMIC BACKGROUND
- N3.1 GENERAL BACKGROUND
- N3.2 ECONOMIC BACKGROUND
- N3.3 CONSTRUCTION
- N4. THE ELECTRICAL WHOLESALERS MARKET IN THE NETHERLANDS
- N4.1 MARKET OVERVIEW
- N4.2 ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET STRUCTURE
- N4.3 KEY COMPANIES
- N5. SOURCES OF FURTHER INFORMATION
APPENDIX - REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPANIES
- A1 REXEL
- A2 SOLAR
- A3 SONEPAR
TABLES AND CHARTS
- TABLE I COMPARISON OF KEY ECONOMIC INDICATORS - FRANCE, GERMANY & UK - 2014
- CHART II EUROPEAN UNION - ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET - BY MAJOR COUNTRY 2014 - GERMANY, FRANCE, UK, BELGIUM/NETHERLANDS, OTHERS
- TABLE F1 GDP AT MARKET PRICES - 2010-2014
- TABLE F2 GDP REAL GROWTH & FORECASTS 2014-2016
- TABLE F3 CONSUMER PRICE INDEX 2010-2014
- TABLE F4 CONSUMER SPENDING 2010-2014
- TABLE F5 CONSTRUCTION MARKET VALUE 2010-2015
- TABLE F6 CONSTRUCTION MARKET IN FRANCE SECTOR BREAKDOWN 2013
- TABLE F7 FRANCE - HOUSE STARTS 2010-2014
- CHART F8 TYPICAL AVERAGE MIX OF PRODUCT SALES - 2014 ESTIMATES BY VALUE
- TABLE F9 FRANCE - ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET 2010 -2019 (€ MILLION)
- CHART F10 FRANCE - ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET 2010-2019 (€BN)
- TABLE F11 FRANCE - MARKET SHARE OF MAJOR SUPPLIERS - 2014
- TABLE G1 GERMANY - GDP 2010-2014
- TABLE G2 GERMANY - GDP GROWTH AND FORECASTS 2014-2016
- TABLE G3 CONSUMER PRICE INDEX 2010-2014
- TABLE G4 CONSUMER SPENDING 2010-2014
- TABLE G5 CONSTRUCTION MARKET VALUE 2010-2014
- CHART G6 VALUE OF CONSTRUCTION IN GERMANY 1995-2014 AT CURRENT PRICES
- TABLE G7 NEW BUILD CONSTRUCTION MARKET IN GERMANY 1997-2014
- CHART G8 NEW BUILD CONSTRUCTION IN GERMANY IN 2014 BREAKDOWN BY VALUE OF BUILDING COMPLETIONS
- TABLE G9 RMI CONSTRUCTION MARKET IN GERMANY 1997-2014
- CHART G10 RMI CONSTRUCTION IN GERMANY IN 2014 BREAKDOWN BY VALUE
- TABLE G11 NUMBER OF COMPLETIONS - NEW DWELLINGS 1997-2014
- CHART G12 GERMANY - PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE - INSTALLATION EQUIPMENT, LIGHTING, APPLIANCES, CABLES/CONDUITS ETC
- TABLE G13 GERMANY - ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS - 2010-2019 (€ BILLIONS)
- TABLE G14 GERMANY - MARKET SHARE OF MAJOR WHOLESALERS 2014
- TABLE G15 SONEPAR DEUTSCHLAND TURNOVER 2008-2013
- TABLE G16 WÜRTH ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE DIVISION TURNOVER 2010-2014
- TABLE B1 BELGIUM - GDP AT MARKET AND CONSTANT PRICES 2010-2014
- TABLE B2 BELGIUM - GDP GROWTH & FORECASTS 2014 - 16
- TABLE B3 CONSUMER PRICE INDEX* 2010-2014
- TABLE B4 CONSUMER SPENDING 2010 - 2014 (VOLUME)
- TABLE B5 CONSTRUCTION MARKET VALUE 2010-2014
- TABLE B6 HOUSING/NON-HOUSING CONSTRUCTION 2010-2014 BUILDING PERMITS ISSUED
- TABLE B7 DWELLING STARTS 2010-2014
- CHART B8 BELGIUM - MIX OF PRODUCT SALES
- TABLE B9 BELGIUM - ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2010-2019
- TABLE B10 BELGIUM - MARKET SHARE OF LEADING WHOLESALERS 2014 BY VALUE
- TABLE N1 NETHERLANDS - GDP 2010-2014
- TABLE N2 NETHERLANDS - GDP VOLUME GROWTH & FORECASTS 2014 - 2016
- TABLE N3 NETHERLANDS HARMONISED CONSUMER PRICE INDEX 2010-2014
- TABLE N4 NETHERLANDS CONSUMER SPENDING % CHANGE YEAR ON YEAR 2010-2014
- TABLE N5 CONSTRUCTION MARKET IN THE NETHERLANDS BY VALUE 2010-2014
- TABLE N6 DWELLINGS - CONSTRUCTION COMPLETED 2009-2014
- CHART N7 DWELLINGS COMPLETED IN THE NETHERLANDS 2000-2014
- CHART N8 NETHERLANDS - PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE
- TABLE N9 NETHERLANDS - ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2010-2019 (€ MILLIONS)
- TABLE N10 NETHERLANDS - MARKET SHARE OF MAJOR WHOLESALERS 2014
- CHART A1 REXEL TURNOVER BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA 2013
- TABLE A2 REXEL GROUP TURNOVER 2010-2014
- CHART A3 REXEL TURNOVER BY SECTOR 2013
- TABLE A4 SOLAR GROUP TURNOVER 2010 - 2014
- TABLE A5 SOLAR GROUP TURNOVER 2013 - 2014 BREAKDOWN BY GROUP COMPANY
- CHART A6 SOLAR SHARE OF TURNOVER BY COUNTRY 2014
- TABLE A7 SONEPAR GROUP TURNOVER 2010-2014
- CHART A8 SONEPAR TURNOVER BY REGION 2013