Product Code: bld19
INTRODUCTION and OVERVIEW
AMA Research have published the 7th edition of the‘Pump Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis'. Incorporating original input and primary research, this report represents and up-to-date and independent review of the pump industry. The report is one of the industrial and construction series published by AMA including generating sets, Plant Hire, Tool Hire, Access Equipment, HVAC, and General Industrial Products distribution.
Key issues covered:
- Review of market size and trends with indications of whether the trends are likely to continue and other key influences on the market.
- Analysis by product group - Centrifugal and Positive Displacement Pumps.
- Analysis of supply structure - Key suppliers, shares, distribution channels - direct/OEM, national, regional, local distributors, hire and sale, marine, agricultural, merchants, wholesalers/garden centres.
- Review of key end-use sectors - Industrial - Manufacturing and Process, Water and Sewage, Power Generation, Construction, Oil and Gas, Marine, Domestic and Leisure.
Key areas of insight include:
- Market forecasts and influencing trends 2015-2019.
- Key influencing factors including levels of electricity consumption, construction output, regulatory legislation.
- Review of key suppliers and market shares.
- Growth prospects for pump applications - technological developments in wear reduction, improved energy efficiency, lower maintenance costs, condition monitoring, hygiene etc.
- Review of main end use sectors and key influences currently motivating the UK pump market including industrial, water and sewage, power generation, oil and gas, domestic and leisure sectors etc.
Some of the companies included:
Albany Engineering Co, Alfa Laval, Amos Pumps, AMS Pumps, APV, Armstrong Fluid Technology, Birmingham Pump Supplies, Brammer UK, Busch UK, Circulating Pumps, Concentric AB, Darcy Spillcare Manufacture, Dawson Downie Lamont, Edwards, Ferrier Pumps, Flowserve, Gee and Company, Gilbert, Gilkes & Gordon, GM Treble, Godwin Pumps, Grundfos Pumps, Hayward Tyler, Hidrostal, Honda, KSB, Lowara UK, Mackley Pumps, Maso and Sine, MDM Pumps, Mono Pumps, Parker Hannifin HPD, PCM Pumps, Pumps Supply & Repair Group, Sauer-Danfoss, SPP Pumps, Sterling Fluid Systems, Stuart Turner, Sulzer Pumps, The Weir Group, Tomlinson Hall, Totton Pumps, Tuthill Pump Group, Varley Pumps, Verder, Watson Marlow, Wilo UK, Wright Flow Technologies, Xylem Water Solutions UK.
Key areas covered in the report include:
- Overall UK market size, by value, for pumps 2009-2019.
- Recent market trends from 2012-14 including key drivers, product and sector trends.
- Future trends to 2019, including growth prospects and major factors influencing market development - levels of activity in manufacturing, construction, power generation, the process industries, etc.
- Assessment of key sectors and key factors influencing end-use demand from the industrial, water and sewage, power generation, oil and gas, marine, domestic and leisure sectors.
- Impact of overseas pump supply on the UK pump market - including process pumps, nuclear and conventional power, oil and gas, etc.
- Size and scope of international trade in pumps.
- Analysis of market by major product sector - centrifugal and positive displacement - mix by sector.
- Centrifugal - Market size and share, mix by product type (process, high pressure, surface and submersible, sludge, circulators, shower/garden/booster pumps), trends within sector, areas of application, application mix.
- Positive displacement - Market size and share, mix by product type (rotary and reciprocating, and sub-sectors), trends within sector, areas of application.
- End-use Applications - Mix by key end use sector.
- Trends within each sector - Industrial process, Manufacturing/OEM, Oil & Gas, Water & Sewage, Power Generation, Marine, Domestic Heating & Leisure.
- Influences on the overall development of the pump market in each sector.
SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION
- Key distribution channels - Direct/OEM, National/Regional/Local Distributors, Hire and Sale, Marine, Agricultural, Merchants, Electrical Wholesalers, share by channel.
- Review of major companies within the distribution channels.
- Supply structure - major pump manufacturers market shares, changing supply structure, growing concentration through acquisition. Key suppliers within the key product sectors.
- Review of major suppliers in the positive displacement and centrifugal sectors.
- Positive trends in niche sector application areas, shift in emphasis towards greater efficiency and reduced operational costs.
- Key sectors offering opportunities for growth.
- Review of market influences, construction levels, manufacturing, growth of advanced manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, electronics etc.
- Analysis of future prospects - forecast of market size up to 2019. Key factors influencing forecasts within products and end-use markets.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS
- 2.1. SUMMARY
- 2.2. FUTURE PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. THE UK MARKET FOR PUMPS
- 4.1. MARKET DEFINITION - CENTRIFUGAL AND POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT PUMPS
- 4.2. MARKET SIZE - PUMPS
- 4.2.1. Background and Recent Performance
- 4.2.2. Future Prospects - Pumps Market UK
- 4.3. IMPORTS AND EXPORTS
- 4.4. KEY MARKET INFLUENCES
- 4.4.1. Construction Market Overview
- 4.4.2. Manufacturing and Engineering Sector Influences
- 4.4.3. Underlying Decline in Electricity Consumption
- 4.4.4. Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning Applications
- 4.4.5. Domestic and Light Commercial Circulators
- 4.4.6. The Pump Hire Sector
- 4.4.7. The UK Lighting Market
5. PRODUCT SEGMENTATION
- 5.1. PRODUCT TYPES - CENTRIFUGAL AND POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT
- 5.1.1. Product Mix
- 5.1.2. Positive Displacement Pumps
- 5.1.3. Centrifugal Pumps
- 5.2. END-USE APPLICATIONS
- 5.2.1. Application Mix - Industrial, Domestic, Power, Water etc
- 5.2.2. Industrial & Manufacturing
- 5.2.3. Oil & Gas
- 5.2.4. Water Industry
- 5.2.5. Power Generation
- 5.2.6. Marine
- 5.2.7. Domestic and Leisure
- 5.3. SUMMARY
6. DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS
- 6.1. DISTRIBUTION MIX AND STRUCTURE
- 6.2. DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS
- 6.2.1. Industrial and Construction
- 6.2.2. Domestic / Leisure Applications
7. MAJOR SUPPLIERS OF PUMPS
- 7.1. PUMP MANUFACTURERS AND SUPPLIERS
- 7.1.1. UK Pump Market Shares
- 7.1.2. Suppliers in the Positive Displacement Sector
- 7.1.3. Suppliers in the Centrifugal Sector
- 7.2. MAJOR SUPPLIERS
- 7.2.1. Centrifugal and Positive Displacement
- 7.2.2. Positive Displacement
- 7.2.3. Centrifugal
TABLES AND CHARTS4
- CHART 1: UK PUMPS MARKET 2009-2019 AT £M MSP
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2012-2015 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2019
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2019
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2010-2016 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- TABLE 6: UK MARKET FOR PUMPS 2010-2019 (£M MSP)
- TABLE 7: IMPORTS/EXPORTS OF PUMPS (£M) 2011-2015
- CHART 8: VALUE OF NON-DOMESTIC CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT 2009 - 2019 BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES)
- CHART 9: NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT ANALYSIS BY SECTOR 2014 - % BY VALUE
- TABLE 10: OUTPUT OF THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES, FOOD/DRINK, TEXTILES (2011 = 100)
- TABLE 11: FINAL CONSUMPTION OF ELECTRICITY 2009-2014
- TABLE 12: THE UK AIR CONDITIONING MARKET 2010-2019 £M MSP
- TABLE 13: UK DOMESTIC CIRCULATOR MARKET (£M MSP) 2010-2018
- CHART 14: UK LIGHTING MARKET 2008-2018 (£M MSP)
- TABLE 15: SEGMENTATION OF THE UK PUMP MARKET 2014 AT £M MSP - CENTRIFUGAL AND POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT
- CHART 16: SHARE BY PUMP TYPE (CENTRIFUGAL AND POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT) 2006 - 2014 AND FORECAST FOR 2018
- CHART 17: POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT PUMPS MARKET 2006-2018 (BI-ANNUAL) £M MSP
- TABLE 18: POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT SECTOR PUMPS - PRODUCT TYPE
- CHART 19: CENTRIFUGAL PUMPS MARKET 2006-2018 £M MSP
- TABLE 20: CENTRIFUGAL PUMPS SECTOR
- CHART 21: MIX OF END-USE APPLICATIONS FOR PUMPS IN THE UK MARKET 2014 - INDUSTRIAL, DOMESTIC, POWER, WATER ETC
- CHART 22: CHANGE IN MIX OF END-USE APPLICATIONS FOR PUMPS IN THE UK MARKET 2010-2018 - INDUSTRIAL, DOMESTIC, POWER, WATER ETC
- TABLE 23: SEWAGE HANDLING - SELECTION OF PUMPS USED FOR FLUID TRANSFER
- TABLE 24: EXAMPLES OF PUMPS FOR POWER GENERATION APPLICATIONS
- TABLE 25: MARINE PUMPS
- TABLE 26: APPLICATION AREA REVIEW OF TRENDS - UK MARKET 2014-2015
- TABLE 27: PUMP MANUFACTURERS' SALES BY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL - OEM/DIRECT, DISTRIBUTORS, HIRE, MARINE & OTHER 2014
- CHART 28: DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE OF THE UK MARKET FOR PUMPS
- CHART 29: ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET SHARES 2014 BY VALUE % (REXEL, EDMUNDSON, CEF ETC)
- CHART 30: UK MERCHANTS % MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2014
- TABLE 31: KEY SUPPLIERS - UK MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2014
- TABLE 32: KEY SUPPLIERS - POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT PUMPS
- TABLE 33: KEY SUPPLIERS - CENTRIFUGAL PUMPS