Product Code: AN-1978
Embedded navigation in vehicles, like many other automotive innovations, has long since penetrated through to mass-market segments. Uptake has been steady, but the number of competitive products has increased with the proliferation of free or low cost mobile applications offering comparable location-based services. The HMI advantage which embedded systems once had will slowly erode as Android Auto and Apple CarPlay bring mobile solutions which can be controlled vocally and displayed on the in-vehicle displays.
This report will examine the future of embedded navigation in the connected car, how existing features will be developed even as new ones are added, and determine how embedded systems and mobile solutions may in fact complement one another.
Table of Contents
2. THE EFFECT OF CONNECTIVITY ON EMBEDDED NAVIGATION
- 2.1. OTA Map Updates
- 2.2. Real-Time Traffic
- 2.3. Speed Cameras
- 2.4. Weather
- 2.5. Fuel / Recharging Stations and Parking
- 2.6. Personalized and Integrated Experience
- 2.7. Multimodal Transportation
3. ON-BOARD AND OFF-BOARD NAVIGATION
4. HMI TRENDS IN EMBEDDED NAVIGATION
5. THE FUTURE OF EMBEDDED NAVIGATION
6. OEM EMBEDDED NAVIGATION BUSINESS MODELS
7. OEM EMBEDDED NAVIGATION SOLUTIONS
- 7.1. Audi AG
- 7.2. BMW AG
- 7.3. Ford Motor Company
- 7.4. General Motors Company
- 7.5. Honda-Acura
- 7.6. Hyundai-Kia
- 7.7. Jaguar-Land Rover Automotive PLC
- 7.8. Mercedes-Benz
- 7.9. Nissan-Infinti
- 7.10. PSA Peugeot Citro??n
- 7.11. Renault S.A.
- 7.12. Toyota Motor Corporation
- 7.13. Volkswagen AG
- 7.14. Volvo Car Corporation
8. SUPPLIER EMBEDDED NAVIGATION SOLUTIONS
- 8.1. Alpine Electronics, Inc.
- 8.2. Continental AG
- 8.3. Harman Becker Automotive Systems GmbH
- 8.4. Nokia HERE
- 8.5. TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
- 8.6. TeleNav, Inc.
- 1. Embedded Navigation Shipments, World Market, Forecast: 2014 to 2024
- 2. Embedded Navigation Penetration Level, World Market, Forecast: 2014 to 2024
- 3. Embedded Navigation Shipments by Connectivity, Unconnected and Connected, World Market, Forecast: 2014 to 2024
- 4. Embedded Navigation Shipments by Connectivity, Off-board and On-board, World Market, Forecast: 2014 to 2024
- 5. Average Marginal Cost of Embedded Navigation, OEMs, U.S. Market, 2015
- 6. Hardware Supplier Market Shares, World Market: 2014
- 1. HERE Companion App
- 2. AR-HUD Navigation