Dr. Anderman's insightful report analyzes Tesla's success to date, the benefits and challenges associated with the Model 3 and the gigafactory, and the impact Tesla is having on automakers, battery producers, and the future of the EV industry.
- Tesla's Model S success and the direction of the EV market
- Model 3 and the gigafactory: stepping out of the Catch 22
- EV battery technology: Tesla vs. conventional
- EV battery cost
- The gigafactory: ramp up, cost, challenges, benefits
- Tesla battery annual production cost estimate (Japan/U.S.) vs. volume from 2013 to 2022
- Tesla's impact on automakers
- Tesla's impact on the battrey industry
- EV market forecast to 2025
- EV battery market forecast to 2025
- Review an independent expert's analysis of the company that became the world's largest user of Li-Ion batteries overnight and of its battery technology
- Anticipate the OEM's response to Tesla's success.
- Explore Tesla's potential impact on the xEV battery supply chain.
- Stay abreast of the technology and trends in the EV market.
Corporate and financial investors:
- Use the Report's insightful EV battery technology cost and market assessments to guide your investment decisions.
Cost Summary (per kWh) for Tesla Battery*
*A detailed analysis is included in Section VI.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Menahem Anderman, President, Total Battery Consulting, Inc.
As the world's leading independent expert on advanced automotive batteries, Dr. Anderman provides technological assessments to companies worldwide. His client list includes most major automakers, leading international battery developers and suppliers, financial institutions, and government agencies. His access to automakers and battery companies gives Dr. Anderman insight into the latest trends in the advanced-vehicle market.
Table of Contents
I. Tesla's Sudden Success and the Direction of the EV Market
- 1. The Automakers' Conventional View of EVs
- 2. The Tesla Surprise
- 3. EV Technology and Market Challenges
II. EV Battery Technology Background
- 1. Cell Design
- 2. Key Materials
- 3. Module and Pack Design
III. EV Battery Technology: Tesla vs. Conventional
- 1. Design
- 2. Life
- 3. Safety
- 4. Cost
IV. Tesla Battery IP by Subject Matter and Significance
V. The Gigafactory: Investment, Challenges, Benefits
VI. Tesla Battery Annual Production Cost Estimate (Japan/U.S.) vs. Volume from 2013 to 2025
VII. Tesla's Impact on the EV/Battery Industry
- 1. Vehicle Design
- 2. Battery Technology
- 3. Materials Sourcing
VIII. EV Market and EV Battery Market Forecast to 2020
IX. Conclusion: Likely Scenarios for the Gigafactory and Tesla's Future