TeleGeography's new European Local Access Pricing Service details the
prices paid by major carriers for local access in 20 European countries. Data
cover leased private lines and Ethernet circuits, and reflect actual
transaction prices, not tariffed rates. All data are updated twice annually.
Subscriptions to the European Local Access Pricing Service provide:
- Prices paid by carriers for metro and regional local access in 20 European
- Respondents' rankings of local access providers, by number of circuits
- Semi-annual Access Market Report, analyzing trends in European local
- Analyst time for guidance on data and help interpreting local access trends
Local Access Pricing Data
The European Local Access Pricing service details prices paid by carriers (not
tariffed rates) for off-net local access leased line and Ethernet circuits in
20 European countries. The Local Access Pricing Service also provides a
limited set of on-net circuit pricing data, reflecting the prices charged by
carriers for circuits in their local markets.
Circuit prices are classified into two categories, based on the distance of
the customer premise from the carrier's PoP:
- “Metro” circuits, which span 25 km or less, and
- “Rest of country” circuits, which connect to customer premises more than
25 km from a carrier's PoP.
Leased line and Ethernet circuit prices are shown for 12 different capacities:
- Leased Line
- 512 Kbps
- 1024 Kbps
- 2 Mbps
- 4 Mbps
- 10 Mbps
- 20 Mbps
European Local Access Pricing Deliverable
Service Provider Rankings
The European Local Access Pricing Service ranks local access providers in 20
countries. Rankings are detailed by country, and reflect the relative number
of local circuits provided to carriers surveyed by TeleGeography.
The European Local Access Pricing Service details prices and ranks service
providers in the following countries.
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom